Nine (WIN)

@MarkHD it’s time to grab our pitchforks.

@nationalnews I’m confused by this statement. Why would ten be promoting win. Wouldn’t it be the other way around?

WIN obviously believe there is value in their own brand/name.

I agree there is huge value in their brand. But there is also huge value in the Ten brand.

4 Likes

And more importantly, what does it mean for Ayr, near Townsville?

14 Likes

I have had it confirmed twice by WIN, as stated before that WIN Tas will be carrying Ten programming.

6 Likes

Don’t forget about Beryl!

4 Likes

agree and hopefully Ten are more receptive in working with WIN than Nine were, especially if it means growing their share in regional areas.

2 Likes

SCA haven’t done a new affiliation with WIN?
SCA has affiliated with Nine and WIN has affiliated with Ten.

1 Like

But wouldn’t you have seen these on WIN? (ie promoting their new Ten program line-up).

Was that SC10 in regional Queensland though?

What you saw was on WIN - you must have seen while channel surfing :slight_smile:. WIN started promoted their upcoming schedule of TEN programs last night. (Nine doesn’t control them - they can broadcast whatever promos they like). If you think about it, SC10 are not going to be promoting what is coming up in July on WIN - they should start promoting Nine programs (if they ever get around to it).

Video from last night as seen on WIN - there is also one posted above showing sport like Big Bash.

1 Like

That is it. Sorry for the confusion :blush:. Shows I was bored so yes I was channel surfing .

And with WIN WA also switching their primary channel to Ten programming, it looks like WIN in Regional SA will most likely switch their primary channel to Ten programming as well. WIN will continue to broadcast 7, 9 and 10 channels in SA, but the WIN branded channel will change to Ten.

With WIN in SA, what multichannels do they carry? And if not all, what do these multichannels show? Does anyone have caps of this current arrangement of WIN in SA?

My understanding is that they are rebroadcasting 7Two, 7Mate, GO, Gem, One, Eleven plus including their own infomercial channel Gold.

I don’t think 7Flix is there as yet, and not sure about 9Life, 9HD or 10HD, although someone here may confirm.

7fix, 9HD, & 10HD isn’t broadcast by WIN in Regional SA yet, but 9Life is, it started the same time as WIN HD.

1 Like

WIN HD is essentially 9HD? (until 30th June anyway)

Correct of course WIN HD is essentially 9HD at the moment & on July 1 will essentially became 10HD I assume.

I guess WIN have the advantage that they will still be WIN after July 1. SC10 won’t even have the SC part in their branding. Anything you advertise on “Nine” right now may be perceived as being WIN as a lot of people make that connection already. SC10 will be wanting to keep the three people they have watching at least until change over when they will gain a lot more viewers looking for their favourite channel nine programs.

1 Like

in the papers and online tv guides they should call it Win10