Nine (WIN)

bit like when Ten changed over from their “X” logo to “10 TV Australia” logo, promos for upcoming programmes screening after the relaunch still had the “X” until the new logo was unveiled when the same promos were updated with the 10 TV Australia logo. I think the most likely scenario would be WIN in a Ten circle after July 1.

as they already do in the South East and Riverland in SA.

1 Like

As the Seven affiliate is the main channel in the Riverland/SE (as it was when analogue was switched off) and 7mate is now SD in South Australia and Victoria, does that mean they have the new 7HD with the footy and main channel programming in HD?

Why are WIN still bothering to air these Coming Soon ads for Nine shows?

2 Likes

because Love Child starts sometime this month

NO 7HD here in Regional SA & 7mate is still in HD.

[quote=“KICK-IT, post:1371, topic:55, full:true”]
If WIN is going to take the path they did with Nine and avoid ever saying the words “Channel Ten” / “Network Ten” or seeing the logo - I hope they WORK with Ten to make sure they get feeds with no Ten logos etc, rather than cover them up.

I mean, I find it weird to think they won’t try and use the Ten brand to their advantage somehow - even in WIN areas - the Ten brand is well known. It seems odd to sign a new affiliate deal and hide all references to the parent network.[/quote]I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that’s what they (continue) doing for the most part, in covering up logos etc. with their (ever!) trusty solid blocks all over the place of Ten’s. Such a good way to start a new affiliation agreement and all! :yum:

[quote=“LFD459, post:1377, topic:55, full:true”]
I have had it confirmed twice by WIN, as stated before that WIN Tas will be carrying Ten programming.[/quote]Yes, same. I actually meant being “officially” announced to the public with what’s happening. I can just see the confusion right now, when it all happens and viewers in Tassie have no idea what’s going on because there had been no notification of the impending changes occurring.

1 Like

I saw the ads last night on TV during the State of Origin so I guess that’s confirmation enough for me. The original release mentioned Tasmania and the ads were on TV so I’m 100% certain now.

2 Likes

Just on cover up logos. When watching sport on ScTen we never seem to get the ch Ten logo. Does SC Ten get a clean feed and put there own logo on? If so WIN would love this.

I’ve seen both of the promos mention, too, but you would’ve thought WIN in Tasmania would make mention of what’s going on through their News as what was done in other regions for people unaware (maybe they thought it wasn’t worth it as nobody watches them anyways! :grin:). True, but from what I’ve seen there’s been no mention of the imminent changeover locally.

1 Like

[quote=“chuck, post:1404, topic:55, full:true”]
Just on cover up logos. When watching sport on ScTen we never seem to get the ch Ten logo. Does SC Ten get a clean feed and put there own logo on? If so WIN would love this.[/quote]Yes, they have been using their own (a very old version I might add) watermark logo for the BBL cricket and RU I’ve noticed. But when watching the V8’s the network logo is seen instead.

Right I See thanks for that. WIN went to town on origin night with those promos every ad break. Wonder if SC will do something similar.

3 Likes

SCA have been doing this for a number of years now. Smacca (aka WAtvVideos on here) had also mention this and gave a reasoning for it on the old forums.

Here’s hoping that the clean feed received on occasions continues over with WIN and they might (yes, only might of course) create a decent looking watermark of their own as a solid block wouldn’t be necessary in this instance. But who knows what they’ll actually do regarding this!

4 Likes

Maybe they did air that same news segment on WIN Tasmania but no one happened to see it?

1 Like

Nope. I’ve been recording WIN News every night since in case there was mention of it and there definitely has been no mention of it as yet.

2 Likes

Continuing discussion of LCNs from the Nine − Southern Cross Affiliation Deal topic.

It looks like one aspect of the 1 July change that WIN and SCA agree on - no retuning! That means the current regional LCN line up will be the same next month (until SCA adds the missing Nine channels).

So SC will put the 3 x Nine services on 5, 50 and 55 and WIN will put the 4 x Ten services somewhere on on 8, 80, 81 (currently a redirect), 82 and 88 (currently a redirect) with 84 (currently 9Life) TBA. (My suggestion for 84 is a +1 hour channel).

The only change will be that when viewers turn on the TV in July, different programs to now will appear on each LCN. The channel names will obviously change but that that does not necessitate a re-tune.

1 Like

WIN 9Life is a state based feed, so they don’t have the capacity to do this.

1 Like

What he means is that after July 1, WIN should do a +1 timeshift channel.

Yes, and the problem will be providing a timeshift version of WIN, when there are local variations of WIN within states (WIN Townsville, WIN Rockhampton). Whatever replaces 9Life will have to be the same across the whole of a state, so a timeshift of the main WIN network won’t work.

2 Likes

So… Does that mean SC wasn’t permitted to use 9/90 etc?

Or did 9 decide against it?