Nine (Southern Cross)

Tomorrow marks one month until the affiliation change.
I’m surprised now that it’s getting this close that neither WIN nor SC10 have made any mention of it to the viewer.

5 Likes

I’m shocked WN hasn’t started pre-empting things like Nine News.

4 Likes

Yeah I am waiting for the educational promos to let viewers know what’s changing.

2 Likes

I’d imagine quite a few would know about some of the changes like the WIN/Ten Affiliation from the report last week. It may start being advertised throughout all of June, my guess is.

2 Likes

It seems very curious other than a news report WIN ran across it’s local new services - there has been no consumer facing acknowledgment or explanation of the change from WIN or SC

I’m almost certain we will see promos for Ten shows such as Spelling Bee, Masterchef, Australian Survivor and Offspring on the state of origin telecast this week on WIN

4 Likes

Ten metro has been promoting the change to WIN all day today? Is that what you mean?
If so, any caps?

2 Likes

See WIN TV thread for more on this.

2 Likes

[quote=“ando9185, post:272, topic:1198, full:true”]
All this talk and I’d just like to know what’s happening in Tas! Too many conflicting statements and the posts put on the WIN News Tasmania thread don’t get a response.[/quote]If past history is any guide, you more than likely won’t get any definitive confirmation from WIN about what’s happening in Tas in regards to the WIN/Ten/TDT/Nine affiliation until the actual day arrives at the end of this month with the ‘switch’ being flicked. But I’ll stand by and reiterate what I said I was told and that is a straight swap of WIN affiliation to Ten, TDT to Nine and SCTV to stay as is as Seven.

3 Likes

That’s what I suspected and now that there’s been the ads on WIN saying they’ll be 10 programming (I saw the sports one last night) it all but confirms it.

1 Like

The Southern Cross Austereo website now confirms that they will be retaining the LCN 5x range for broadcasting NINE’s channels. Also, not sure if this part was mentioned earlier, but 9HD and 9Life definitely will not be ready by 1st July.

[quote]Will viewers at home notice the change-over?
Viewers will need to turn to the 5 series of channels on their remote control to see their Nine programming.
We do not expect that viewers will need to retune their sets to see their Nine programming.
With a change in branding to Nine, viewers will notice some change to “look and feel” of the channels.

Will viewers continue to get all the Nine channels?
SCA will broadcast Nine, Go and Gem into the licence areas from 1 July 2016, meaning all programing [sic] including the NRL and the Voice will be available.
9HD and 9Life will be switched on as soon as we have built the capability to broadcast them. We expect this to happen within a couple of months.
[/quote]

Source: http://www.scaengage.com.au/news-events/sca-affiliation-agreement-with-nine-entertainment-co-faq/

Unfortunate, as I was hoping they’d somehow manage to change their LCN to 9.

5 Likes

How annoying we just got 9Life and now we lose it again.

2 Likes

Yeah a bit frustrating as well as losing HD but I guess at least they will return in a couple of months . Don’t think regional viewers will get 7Flix anytime soon. At least we get Ten HD July 1st.

5 Likes

There’s always the livestream if you can’t live without watching ‘The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ etc. for a short period of time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:

6 Likes

Oh lol no I was thinking of my parents who are glued in the evenings to watching all those US house/real esate shows .Dad doesn’t really know how to livestream without asking me a lot of questions.

Yeah but Ten HD seems inferior to WIN HD. Win HD really is crystal clear HD and nice and sharp. No wonder in the tv shops here they have all the sets tuned into that channel. I would hope with Win and Ten now we would see a better version of Ten HD considering how well WIN HD turned out.

2 Likes

[quote=“TV_Addict, post:307, topic:1198, full:true”]
Oh lol no I was thinking of my parents who are glued in the evenings to watching all those US house/real esate shows .Dad doesn’t really know how to livestream without asking me a lot of questions.[/quote]Haha, sure. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote=“TV_Addict, post:307, topic:1198, full:true”]
Yeah but Ten HD seems inferior to WIN HD. Win HD really is crystal clear HD and nice and sharp. No wonder in the tv shops here they have all the sets tuned into that channel. I would hope with Win and Ten now we would see a better version of Ten HD considering how well WIN HD turned out.[/quote]Either way, too bad their HD channel will be mostly wasted with Ten’s content airing on it in future. :grin:

Also wonder what the Lcn names will be on the tv with every statement saying nine branding. So Currently we have SC10 Orange so will it just be 9 Orange?

1 Like

[quote=“chuck, post:309, topic:1198, full:true”]
Also wonder what the Lcn names will be on the tv with every statement saying nine branding. So Currently we have SC10 Orange so will it just be 9 Orange?[/quote]Possibly. Of more interest will be the likes of TDT. What would that be renamed to I wonder. 9 Tasmania? TDT9?

1 Like

SC have stated in their FAQs “Viewers will need to turn to the 5 series of channels on their remote control to see their Nine programming” but nothing about the digital name. Some tuners will need a re-tune or some adjustment to pick up any change of LCN name.

1 Like

WIN absolutely blanketed the State of Origin coverage with the new promos for Ten programming July 1 - and it was the highest rated SOO ever.

SC really needs top start playing promos for Nine programming in it’s highest rating shows like Masterchef, Paying Attention, Masterclass and The Project.

1 Like

9 Tasmania has a nice ring to it. I guess there is still plenty to speculate about. :thinking:

2 Likes