Nine (WIN)

Of course you wouldn’t expect WIN to say that they’re no longer going to air one of their highest rating programs next month!

I’m sure that WIN are secretly hoping that the 2nd State Of Origin game on June 22 essentially ends the series, so SCA Nine doesn’t get massive ratings for a State Of Origin Decider on July 13! :wink:

2 Likes

That would be the ‘new’ logo. From what we’ve seen and heard from WIN about the affiliation swap, I think it is safe to assume they won’t be making dramatic changes to ‘their look’. They’ll try to fool viewers into thinking the only change is WIN having a bigger library of content. Perhaps as things settle after 6-12 months they’ll adopt a similar style to Ten.

10 Likes

In my opinion, this comment is pretty spot on with what I’d expect from WIN

7 Likes

I noticed the Win TV vehicles in my city have removed the Go and Gem logos. They now have the regular blue WIN and the Gold logos along side Win News.

6 Likes

guess the’re getting ready to Add One and Eleven on to their vehicles

2 Likes

They still with Nine and using Nine based presentation until July 1. It’s not likely we will see a new logo until July 1.

With WIN WA, it looks likely that it will change to Ten Affiliation with the Joint Venture with Prime will just carry a Nine Perth feed, so Regional WA will have GWN7, Nine and WIN.

6 Likes

I agree. Once the deal with Nine expires, surely WIN won’t be allowed to use all the Nine-style branding elements under a Ten affiliation?

After July 1, I’m 50/50 on whether WIN will use Ten-style branding or go their own way with a unique look based on the old “map of Australia” logo or something like that.

2 Likes

I would guess they’ll just use Ten’s promos and presentation with a WIN logo

5 Likes

Those promos aren’t half bad at all, for something produced by WIN.

The gold, Gotham looking font, lens flare and exploding confetti cannon effects says TEN to me.

7 Likes

No More Nine Programming on WIN come July 1.

2 Likes

Yep what I thought as well. Gotham and the confetti effect like the 2016 Lineups promos screamed Ten to me. Some of the elements from Ten’s branding seem be apparent less than 30 days still the affiliation switch come July 1st.

You heard it here first, folks

23 Likes

they could do like SC10 did for a while ten style SCN logo

1 Like

and the Classification would be switched around as well

[quote=“Alista, post:1344, topic:55, full:true”]
I just seen a promo on WIN Tasmania about the impending change. Words to the effect of “all your favourite shows will have a new home on the WIN network, starting July 1”[/quote]Yep. That the closest thing to a confirmation without it being ‘officially’ stated by WIN you will get in regards to what’s happening in Tasmania (I’m pretty certain what’s happening though). Just have to wait till the end of the month for that ‘switch’ to be flicked now! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote=“TelevisionAU, post:1331, topic:55”]
indicates that WIN WA will be changing over to a Ten affiliation. Still no news or confirmation on Tasmania but if WA is an example it would appear that potentially TVT (WIN Tasmania) will also go to Ten. But, again, still waiting on WIN to say something…[/quote]If past history is any guide, I don’t expect WIN to say anything in regards to Tasmania. Or if by any chance they do it probably won’t be till the week/day before or on the day of the affiliation swap (which will cause lots of confusion no doubt!). But with confirmation of the happenings in WA, I expect them to fall into line with other WIN regions as I was told.

2 Likes

Another possible reason is that when Nine reinstated dotty, the dotless WIN logo with a blue background made for a easy coverup.

1 Like

So, cover-up city once again?

If WIN is going to take the path they did with Nine and avoid ever saying the words “Channel Ten” / “Network Ten” or seeing the logo - I hope they WORK with Ten to make sure they get feeds with no Ten logos etc, rather than cover them up.

I mean, I find it weird to think they won’t try and use the Ten brand to their advantage somehow - even in WIN areas - the Ten brand is well known. It seems odd to sign a new affiliate deal and hide all references to the parent network.

5 Likes

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

When did this happen??!

7 Likes