Nine (WIN)

Not to mention that they’ve seen all of the dicking about WIN did as a Nine affiliate, and recently with Ten’s administration; not to mention the shitstains WIN splurges over its screens. Prime/GWN and SCTV are far easier for Seven to work with, not to mention they have established and stable brands.

4 Likes

Both of the coloured logos from that post are even bigger on screen now than they were back then!

Step 1: Faded WIN wordmark
Step 2: Solid WIN wordmark and channel logo
Step 3: Enlarge 200%

3 Likes

Classic Bruce Gordon from 2007.

Nine’s done an ok job running NBN, it regularly outrates Prime and comprehensively flogs WIN. :smile:

6 Likes

Haha, by his idiotic reasoning this would apply:

WIN won’t do a good job of running Ten, WIN’s affiliate/feeder network. “How is WIN going to run Ten? It’s a metro network. He’s a regional boy. Regional boys are used to running tiny piss ant shows, not a national operation like Ten. Why do you think Nine Perth & Adelaide were such a mess when WIN owned them? They’re metro stations & WIN ran them into the ground.”

15 Likes

One could argue that Nine Darwin has since been run into the ground, with the recent downgrading of the news service from “metropolitan” to “regional” status within the network.

I agree that Nine has done an OK job at running NBN, but that’s largely because of the “hands-off” approach that higher level management took to the Northern NSW/Gold Coast affiliate until the Nine-ification began in Early 2016. In three years time, I think NBN will most likely be a very different station (especially news wise) to the one we have now…

6 Likes

it outrates Prime more nights than not (especially in the Hunter) and has since aggregation.

2 Likes

Actually Eddie McGuire didn’t become CEO of Nine until February 2006, a few weeks after the Nine logo had changed.

First I’ve heard of that

Not sure where that logo has come from but i don’t think it’s genuine.

This was how the “4” logo looked…

win4_0001

7 Likes

Alternatively, you could’ve scrolled up a few post in this thread and clicked on the Iink I provided to someone else. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Would’ve been nice if they left it as it was with the first set of additions. But alas, Dinosaur Bruce thought it wasn’t visible enough. :roll_eyes:

CBS upped its shareholder offer ahead of the second meeting, matching Bruce at the last minute.

Unlike TEN-10 then…

Yes I know. Just didn’t see that as CBS screwing him. More like he and Murdoch were trying to screw others and failed.

Absolutely - If I’d known where to look I would’ve gone straight there instead of searching elsewhere . Makes sense.

1 Like

I was probably a good thing that Nine bought NBN when it did, otherwise we would of had Geoff Hiscock presenting news for Newcastle in Wollongong

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: NBN News

The WIN Placeholder in Northern NSW:

Compare to the other one:

6 Likes

Here’s all four WIN watermarks as of today captured from Sydney (via the Knights Hill transmitter). Not that you can really call them watermarks…

Main channel:

One:

Eleven:

Gold:

TVSN doesn’t have the WIN logo over it.

7 Likes

Hadn’t we settled here on the term ‘■■■■■■■■■’? :grin:

The ■■■■■■■■■ makes C31 look world class!

1 Like

How long will the WIN ■■■■■■■■■ continue on??? Maybe it’s the staffs decision to do so?

Nothing to do with the staff… all to do with the rich owner who lives overseas and doesn’t have to look at the crap he inflicts on all viewers of his “network”.

It will continue on for as long as he wants it too, or until he dies.

He loves those big prominent logos, so there’s no reason why they’d go anywhere anytime soon.

5 Likes