Nine (Southern Cross)

Well…“shit” is a level of quality. :stuck_out_tongue:

In real estate apparently…with a shocking mo

4 Likes

i think what they call it will be redundant soon, i keep hearing from mates at WIN TV that they are gearing themselves up to a change of Shirts (change of affiliation) . The longer it goes without people (from any network) confirming whats happening is putting doubt into the advertising market, and that ad market is sketchy at best. Don’t shoot the messenger here, just putting it out there.

2 Likes

I’m still not buying it.

Bruce & co may want to have the Nine affiliation back, but I don’t see why Nine would want to change back, including their brand (again) disappearing from most of the country (geographically, not by population).
Whatever difficulty there’s been with SCA it sounds like it is minor compared to the ongoing trouble with WIN (remember WIN even sued Nine).

Most likely these rumours are to encourage a higher price (or avoid having to reduce the price further), given plenty of people seem to think the current Nine-SCA affiliation contract needs adjustment (50% is over-priced).

10 Likes

ok, but what if what camo is saying does become true?? then what ??? win then becomes 9 affiliate . by what I have heard iam buying what camo is saying because it could happen even though there are a few on here who think otherwise and if does happen ?? a few on here will need to eat their words and if it doesnt happen then its just speculation and we all go on with our daily lives

Oh great, it’s time for this conversation again.

7 Likes

Between this and the Weekend Today team…

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure of reading that one!

1 Like

I wouldn’t assume that WIN would be going after the Nine affiliation either.

(I, like almost everyone on here, know nothing about this. I just wouldn’t imagine Nine jumping ship when they’ve had amble reason to; supposed payment issues over news etc.)

4 Likes

Unless WIN is going to pay higher than SCA’s 50%, would would Nine switch?

1 Like

maybe, just here me out… maybe they want to start a new relationship??? :grimacing: :face_with_monocle: :exploding_head:

it wont go away until an annoucement is made, i bring it up because i have friends at WIN mothership telling this story, im just after some feedback

has there been ANY media speculation and quotes from media analysts at SMH, Fairfax, MediaWeek, The Australian, TV Blackbox, Aus Fin Review etc etc?

Or does this speculation exist only on media spy?

1 Like

Quay Grand, Austinmer, Bermuda, or Mount St Thomas?

4 Likes

Yes.

SCA aren’t jumping ship.

3 Likes

No. It was first reported in the SMH, and has been reported a couple of times since.

2 Likes

Where?

SCA re-affirmed their relationship with Nine before launching Nine News Local. They won’t be jumping ship.

2 Likes

I’ve searched high and low for any articles online. Would love if anyone could share articles of a 2020 affil swap here…

2 Likes

Here’s one, which includes a link to the SMH article on the below post:

2 Likes

Industry sources familiar with Mr Gordon’s intentions have previously said he intends to strike a new affiliate deal with Nine.

From an SMH November 22, 2020 article about Bruce Gordon’s extended stay in Australia due to COVID.

Let’s not forget Mr. Gordon’s company still owns a 14.9% stake in Nine Entertainment Co.

1 Like

Multiple regional and metropolitan television sources expect Mr Gordon to secure a new affiliate deal with his former partner Nine, which would return Southern Cross Austereo (Nine’s affiliate partner) back to Network Ten.

That is quite strong wording from the SMH. However over 6 months old now. One sentence in 6 months. It’s more evidence than I thought there was, but I remain skeptical.

2 Likes