Nine (WIN)

The voice over on the electrodry one has been doing voice overs for WIN for well over 10 years. Not bad sounding, even though it’s a waste of resources for WIN to make their own show promos when they could be saving money and use Ten’s.

5 Likes

He was doing WIN’s voice overs when I was a kid in the late 90’s. That’s well over 20 years now!

3 Likes

What the hell. WIN News in my area is SD quality on WIN HD, with the only HD thing being the watermark.

4 Likes

Where?

2 Likes

Central Victoria

3 Likes

Agreed.

Like everyone else I couldn’t tell you anything about the inner workings of WIN Television. But I do wonder if after July 1, we’ll see Studio 10, The Project and what remains of 10 News First replaced by more Sky News content.

I mean realistically, WIN needs Ten for primetime programming and whatever premium sport they’ve still got left. But news/current affairs wise? While I hate News Corp as much as most on Media Spy, Ten don’t have that much to offer these days compared to Sky News who could potentially help to produce several new bulletins for WIN.

2 Likes

WIN Corporation, and associated companies, is exempt from public disclosure of its accounts due to it being covered by a grandfather clause of the companies legislation. However, due to WIN’s size the ATO discloses some limited data. Michael West has the details on his website:

In 2018/19 WIN managed to have no taxable income and pay no tax.

2 Likes

… interesting statement and assumption … what are your specific reasons to “hate” this company (for example, what has it done to you personally) and why do you assume that “most” do also?

2 Likes

I think the highly questionable standards of journalism from much of News Corp is a decent enough reason to hate or at the very least, strongly dislike the company.

5 Likes

… well one of the main reasons I finally quit the ABC was its descent into “highly questionable standards of journalism” … How ‘access journalism’ is threatening investigative journalism … but I don’t “hate” it …

1 Like

Why on earth would WIN continue to pay the affiliation fee but accept 6 hours less a day of programming only to double up and Pay for another 6 hours of programming from Sky?

The Project is one of WINs highest rating shows

This is pie in the sky speculation not grounded in any reality

2 Likes

Welcome to Media Spy :wink:

8 Likes

Reading this, I have a bit of a question.
Can ViacomCBS purchase the WIN Regional Stations to bring them in line with the Metro network?

1 Like

Don’t know if the reach rules have been repealed, if they have, they could, but really, would they want to?

Yes

ViacomCBS are currently in the process of getting rid of all underperforming and non-core assets … the assumption is that the 10 Network is one of those assets to be discarded so they would hardly be looking at throwing more good money after bad by buying the affiliate …

4 Likes

Yeah, but have you heard that WIN’s about to change its affiliation? /s

1 Like

Unlikely they’d want it, true. However selling 10 and 5 isn’t that likely, they are core (TV networks, and help expand their digital streaming platforms), and unlikely to fetch much if at all, and they’re selling things like Black Rock and Simon & Schuster, which will actually fetch money.

2 Likes

More chance of WIN becoming a full-time Sky News affiliate from July 1 and Ten affiliation moving to Prime, Seven QLD, NBN or SCA.

If WIN pays 35% of their revenue to Ten, Sky News would take about 5-10%?

Again, probably a very unlikely situation.

1 Like

Sorry but these types of scenarios are based on nothing but random musings in your own head.

Can we keep discussions based in reality?

4 Likes