Nine (Southern Cross)

you mean 23/7

4 Likes

just saying, if i was in charge of the whole operation, i would use the same ident and change the logo to the callsign with the nine dots.

More than 23 h/d if you count the 9 promos which air during NBN News.

2 Likes

How I’d imagine most people outside of Northern NSW would react to that:

“So the National Broadband Network has a television station now?!” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Pretty much.

Personally I think it’s about time Nine/NBN went all the way and rebranded the news, although I’d imagine there’s a fair bit of resistance from Newcastle to call themselves Nine News…which is probably understandable when you consider how the Sydney station treats coverage of Northern NSW news (who could ever forget TCN geographical fails such as “Raymond Terrace on the Central Coast” and “Tuncurry on the South Coast” from a few years back?!) and news in regional NSW generally.

2 Likes

6 Likes

I know it matters not too much now unlike in the pre-aggregation days. But maybe as lots of people on the Central Coast and into Newcastle proper still get Nine Sydney as well as NBN. Maybe it is a way to still separate what would be two competing (and confusing) news brands in those areas?

3 Likes

Wollongong commercials

2 Likes

Nine News sport billboard

3 Likes

Interesting piece. It seems to me the broadcasting authorities need to go back to the drawing board and look at why the current model of licensing was introduced in the first place. A ‘national’ model was considered, but protecting ‘locaL voices’ was deemed more important than viewer choice, thus the single station single town model developed. Clearly now, local TV is scarce and regional TV networks are corporations unto themselves. Surely a new model where TV networks were forced to merge with regional partners, under the provisio of more locally produced programmes, would be in the interest of viewers. That way regionals would not be ‘competing’ with metro partners and they could just get on with producing tv.

3 Likes

The music track on the billboards changed:

Commercial:

3 Likes

Just reading all this affiliation agreement talk. I wonder if Nine and SCA have started working on a new agreement to start next July.

If not, could WIN try and crawl back to Nine (it is Bruce Gordon too proud to beg)

4 Likes

Advertise Local promo

SCA have forgotten again…

4 Likes

Nine SCA in the Central West is very laggy - sound is cutting in and out.

3 Likes

same in toowoomba hd and sd on the main channels

3 Likes

I hadn’t driven past the old Capital Television / SCA / Nine Canberra studios at Watson in North Canberra for some months, until today. It’s now all been demolished, with work started on the final stages of the Nørrebro residential development. The site, as posted on the Nørrebro Watson page on Facebook four days ago:

Image on the Facebook page from 6 September 2020:

30 August 2020:

6 Likes

Such a sad sight. The CTC7 site was quite well setup with quite a bit of space.

5 Likes

RIP the home of such quality programming as State Focus and Uplate with Hotdogs

8 Likes

Where is Hotdogs now, I wonder…

Sounds like the industry liked the initial taste of his career but then chewed him up and spat him out. He may have gone on Only Fans or something to sell saucy photos of himself, that seems to be the latest career for people.