Nine News Late

Late news bulletins depend highly on lead-in and consistency. Nine’s lead-ins have been stronger than Seven’s in recent times and The Latest has been on and off on certain nights of the week.

7 Likes

They always have a Perth-based weather presenter as far as I know. But sports presenter from Melbourne seems to only be when it is a 1 hour bulletin.

2 Likes

Tracy Vo will be doing the Late News tomorrow night.

11 Likes

Peter Overton presenting the late news tonight. His 3rd bulletin tonight.

7 Likes

Monika presenting tonight

16 Likes

Finally a wish is granted :partying_face:

4 Likes

If this was any more blue, she’d blend into the background.

1 Like

Monika is such a refreshing change from Michael Thomson and Peter Overton. She presented the bulletin with ease and authority (compared to Thommo’s usual rise and fall tone) and is a delight to watch.

4 Likes

Is it just me, or is the original angled desk still better than the new curved Sydney desk?

It has a sharp contrast with the curves in the rest of the set and the round light under the desk glass. The Sydney desk kind of blends in but still doesn’t look quite right.

If the screens extended further to the edges and on an angle like the Sydney desk it would be the final missing detail.

5 Likes

It seems NSW’s set is set up slightly different from a curve perspective. It makes the space look a lot bigger than Perth set because it looks a lot wider from the way the screen is pushed back.

Having said that, still kind of prefer the Perth set.

Great to see Mon going national. Well deserved, she’s proven her diversity as a presenter since departing Seven.

Did she ever go national at Seven or Ten?

4 Likes

Not at Seven as far as I know. She did present some late updates at 10.

2 Likes

It’s just the shot framing. Syd cap is of the opener while the perth cap is zoomed in closer for the weather throw. Perth set is a bigger space

1 Like

Personally I prefer the Sydney desk. Would look nice for a gradual refresh for all their sets.

And yes Monika was fantastic tonight. Hope she is given more chances to host some other national bulletins.

7 Likes

Thommo isn’t too bad now - his presenting style has certainly improved over time

4 Likes

Having Love Island as a lead is really killing the bulletin at the moment.

3 Likes

I’m watching Nine’s Late News at the moment, and I don’t know if it’s simply because I haven’t watched the bulletin in a couple of weeks, but i’m sure Thommo is yelling even louder tonight than what he normally does. I like his presenting style, but it’s strange to say the least.

I think they should move Nine News Late production to Melbourne. Peter Hitchener host.

Why, though?

So that stupid yelling can get off our screens.

1 Like