Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Wednesday 23 September-

Lizzie Pearl is presenting Morning News and Afternoon News in Sydney today.

7 Likes

I wonder what’s happened when Davina Smith. Her voice sounded different yesterday. I guess she got the flu or something and she’s been off for almost 3 weeks

5 Likes

Davina has had tonsillitis and obviously isn’t still feeling completely recovered just yet, inbetween she also had treatment for a skin problem which explains her absence in recent weeks.

9 Likes

She lost her voice last week when reading and had a massive coughing fit

2 Likes

Nine News Queensland reporter Tessa Hardy is heading off on maternity leave.

9 Likes

There is talk that Monika Kos will become STW’s 4pm news presenter in the near future.

All 3 commercial networks in less than a year. Hopefully Nine look after her.

16 Likes

Wonder where that leaves Louise Momber if true.

They’ll pick her up for just the 4pm bulletin? Surely it they are looking at doing that, they would either pair her with Michael at 6pm or she could also be the main fill in for him too.

5 Likes

Louise is moving to Canberra with TVW’s Rob Scott who is heading over to Seven’s Canberra bureau.

10 Likes

Monika would be great with Michael. She could do 4pm and 6pm and he could do 6pm and the late national bulletin.

9 Likes

Could possibly be Tim Lester’s replacement over there.

3 Likes

She needs to go to 6PM with Michael.
Wasted talent for only 4PM.

For all we know they could move the 4PM news to 5PM.

6 Likes

I assume Louise will be part of Nine’s Canberra bureau as well?

2 Likes

I’m not sure what Louise will be doing.

To be honest, it actually surprised me that Nine didn’t try to acquire Monika Kos’ services when she was let go by Seven at the end of last year…unless of course they did but lost out to 10 News First.

If it’s true that she’s heading over to Nine, I hope Monika will be treated better there than Seven & Ten have of late. Although given Nine’s long track record of talent instability in the Perth market, I won’t be holding my breath!

As far as I can tell, Hot Seat is struggling in the Perth ratings so surely Nine are at least considering moving the 4pm bulletin to 5pm over in the West?

Beating Seven at 6pm is probably a lost cause until (at least) the retirement of Rick and/or Sue, but I reckon a “Monika vs Narelda” ratings battle at 5pm could be rather interesting!

2 Likes

Fixed.

I would love to see Monika on Nine if that is going ahead. She is a great newsreader (better than Michael IMO) and she would be a massive asset to Nine. Plus I hate to see talent shoved into a vault never to be seen again because certain networks can’t be bothered to use them to their full potential.

6 Likes

Even then, I still think Seven has a strong lead until dramatic changes are made at Nine

Agree

Agreed, it’ll be quite interesting to see what happens.

You’re probably right - current Seven News Perth weekend presenters Angela Tsun & Tim McMillian (I’ll bet Nine wish they still had both of them!) are probably the successors in waiting and are also more than high enough quality newsreaders to keep the viewers loyal to Seven when Sue & Rick retire, I think.

And back at work the next day to handle the Paul Pisasale court developments - which became the lead story of the bulletin. Wonder if that was a pre-mature send off or if she was asked to cover?

Also Andrew Lofthouse presenting solo tonight. Not sure if that’s been the case the rest of this week already.

2 Likes

Andrew has been solo all week.

1 Like