Nine News Local

Ñot disimular to US morning shows either which often feature “caught on camera” freeway chase type stories or baby pram
On railway footage with VO in the opener like

“A wild freeway chase during rush hour - caught on camera” or “a moms anguish as her baby’s stroller falls onto suburban railway tracks”

The stories being from Perth and Melbourne

(They BARELY mention Australia even when they run the story)

1 Like

Jo Hall is now on leave.

1 Like

Wasn’t she on Sky Weather now?

Nope. That’s Vanessa O’Hanlon.

1 Like

Thanks.

would suggest the new building in North Sydney is still having some issues…

1 Like

Well no opt out of the Melbourne afternoon news today. Showed headlines for after the break. Why can’t they pre record that opt out like 10 do for the handover to WIN News?

1 Like

Paul Taylor presenting tonight in QLD. Samantha Heathwood possibly on holidays.

2 Likes

They can. Lack of organization

Paul will be presenting both Nine News Darwin and Nine News Local over Christmas by the looks of it.

If Paul Taylor chooses to go on holidays, we will probably Murphy take his place as per normal.

1 Like

Well at the end of Nine News Regional Victoria just before after Dougal Beaty finished signing off, they didn’t close the program for 10 seconds. Then we just had a 3 minute ad break and now we’ve gone to the news during the headlines. I reckon there were mostly likely technical problems with Nine News Melbourne.

3 Likes

Well from tonight I’m not ever watching Nine News Regional Victoria again, the stories most of the time don’t interest me which is why I’m not watching it again.

1 Like

This problem is consistent all the bulletins.

Regional QLD only really recognises Cairns and Townsville. Thank god NT went back to local or that bulletin would be even worse.

2 Likes

I disagree entirely. I’ve watched in Townsville many times and found only 1 locally relevant story across the entire bulletin. Many stories about Cairns, Bundaberg, Sunshine Coast, but Townsville is barely mentioned.

4 Likes

The last time I watched Nine Local was in Late July ish where it was super Cairns and Townsville centric with Sunshine Coast hardly recognized (I think I posted a story count somewhere in this thread)

May have changed now?

1 Like

It appears that someone at Nine has posted a Darwin story and clip on the Cairns local page accidentally

4 Likes

Davina Smith presenting NSW/ACT:

12 Likes

Bulletin with Davina Smith presenting:

Also Hannah McEwan on Weather.

8 Likes

She’s too good for this.

7 Likes

Damn straight.

1 Like