Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Pam Mackay.

1 Like

That’s it. Her name escaped me. She had a loud and obnoxious voice but she was always a back up/weekend US correspondent at 10.

1 Like

Was the screen used on today used in the news?

A bit of blatant cross promotion on Nine News Sydney tonight.

On a voiceover item on Ben Fordham’s first day as 2GB breakfast host which mentioned some his guests, this from Peter Overton… “Tune in from 5.30am tomorrow to see who’s next”.

3 Likes

Ha! I thought the same. I wondered if Nine owned 2GB. Then I opened Google and found out this WAS the case.

2 Likes

Yes, they have owned the former Fairfax stations since their merger in November 2018.

Nine Radio (Talk)

1 Like

Tuesday 2 June-

Morning News extended to a one hour bulletin today.

6 Likes

Finished at 12.05pm

1 Like

Seven News finished at 12:05pm but this is the Nine News thread and Nine Morning News was a one hour bulletin today !

3 Likes

Best exclusive logo (this follow my poll on Seven News Content And Appearance)
2d6a6d29dc3fa1e10ef49b0e38834e7d8c71b7b0_2_690x388 EWMehe2U0AU6wjk

• Left
  • Right

0 voters

1 Like

Others disagree but most of the graphics are better now than they were in the previous package.

The only things I did prefer in the previous package were):
-localised titlecards
-live cross split screen
-the glossy effects on the set (looked much nicer than the flatter look)

9 Likes

Agree, though some of the new graphics like the “Exclusive” ones have gotten a bit too big, even though they look “nicer”.

1 Like

From this post - I took a look at the video. Something wrong with the Nine News logo? (screenshot below)

4 Likes

yeah mate, 9 news watermark above the super (footage was a replay and footage of the live cross. This report was regarding the assault of Sophie Walsh)

5 Likes

Nine Morning News viewers left staring at the endshot for a bit too long… was quite awkward

4 Likes

You can look away.

2 Likes

That ending in question

https://twitter.com/i/status/1268848623564976129

6 Likes

I swear it went for longer… hmmm… :thinking:

According to a new promo shown tonight, next week Nine News Melbourne is starting new competition Bill Busters in which one viewer will win $1000 cash each weeknight.

4 Likes

And what a horrendous looking promo it was!

Their promotional efforts have been rather unimpressive of late, feels as though they’re beginning to go down the sensationalist route.

4 Likes