Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Others disagree but most of the graphics are better now than they were in the previous package.

The only things I did prefer in the previous package were):
-localised titlecards
-live cross split screen
-the glossy effects on the set (looked much nicer than the flatter look)

9 Likes

Agree, though some of the new graphics like the “Exclusive” ones have gotten a bit too big, even though they look “nicer”.

1 Like

From this post - I took a look at the video. Something wrong with the Nine News logo? (screenshot below)

4 Likes

yeah mate, 9 news watermark above the super (footage was a replay and footage of the live cross. This report was regarding the assault of Sophie Walsh)

5 Likes

Nine Morning News viewers left staring at the endshot for a bit too long… was quite awkward

4 Likes

You can look away.

2 Likes

That ending in question

https://twitter.com/i/status/1268848623564976129

6 Likes

I swear it went for longer… hmmm… :thinking:

According to a new promo shown tonight, next week Nine News Melbourne is starting new competition Bill Busters in which one viewer will win $1000 cash each weeknight.

4 Likes

And what a horrendous looking promo it was!

Their promotional efforts have been rather unimpressive of late, feels as though they’re beginning to go down the sensationalist route.

4 Likes

Yet Melbourne viewers will still stick with Nine.

2 Likes

Because the only other option from 6-7 is 7. Not really a difficult choice there.

It did, but most of it I think it was a frozen picture. Unless Davina was just very still.

From what I saw through the live broadcast, I guess Davina just didn’t move much.

1 Like

The First at 5 edition by Alicia Loxley what states is this version shown in?

All states i believe?

5 Likes

Correct - except in NSW/Queensland on Sundays when the league is on.

Conversely Seven’s weekend 5pm bulletin doesn’t air in the southern states on Sundays when the AFL is on.

3 Likes

Definitely in Queensland - complete with Sydney backdrop

I don’t think that’s intended to be the Sydney backdrop - as in Sydney, that usually has the Opera House and Harbour Bridge visible.

Looks more generic to me as it could be Anybigtown, AUS.

5 Likes

It’s not a Sydney backdrop. It’s a miss match of buildings put together to represent any Australia city.

5 Likes