Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Sydney caps tonight. With Charles Croucher joining Georgie at the desk for an interview, I wonder if Nine has eased back on social distancing measures (guests interviewed from separate studios)?:

9 Likes

Incredible reporting from the US correspondent in Minneapolis heading tonight’s bulletin. The vision really captured the tension on the streets.

9 Likes

Either this is a mistake or the damaging winds are going to move Wodonga to the south of Victoria.
EDIT: Looking upon this I know realise it is not a mistake, considering that Wangaratta and Euroa are also in completely the wrong location, affirming the damaging winds are going to be moving not only one, but three towns.

10 Likes

The presenter looks like she’s knows it wrong too and is hoping no one has noticed!

Never realised they don’t have the 3x3 video wall

Nine News Sydney delayed due to golden point overtime in the rugby league.

4 Likes

…and Nine News Queensland and NBN News.

3 Likes

Ratings will be interesting tomorrow for Sydney news. Seven News might get a bump from news viewers who weren’t prepared to wait for the football to finish.

9 Likes

The match finished at 6.13pm AEST with Penrith and Newcastle tied 14-14, meaning in NSW, ACT and QLD, Nine News and the rest of the night line-up will be pushed back by a few minutes.

2 Likes

*6:13

No, they would just cut an ad-break or two in the news, or cut a feel-good/fluff/padding piece.

1 Like

A new background for sport in Nine News Sydney tonight - that of Bankwest Stadium.

6 Likes

News wasn’t shown in Darwin, instead replaced with a few cooking shows. Didn’t even get the footy here though.

4 Likes

It was in the schedule. The NRL has always been shown on the main channel in Darwin. What was on if it wasn’t?

Exactly. I flicked on around 5:30 and there was no footy (the game was still on at the time). Random cooking and Channel 9 cheap filler programs were on after 6:00pm as-well.

15 Likes

The news was shortened tonight rather than delaying the night’s schedule which has happened previously. So The Voice started roughly on time

2 Likes

Good - that’s what should happen in such a circumstance

I don’t understand why TCN feels the need to persist with the weather and sport previews when they reduce the length of the bulletin due to sport over-run, particularly on a big news day.

3 Likes

“Bill busters- a special event”

Nine News Melbourne, you used to be the higher quality one. What happened?

1 Like

Good lord.

Have equal 45 minute blocks for News & ACA if you feel 30 minutes isn’t enough to cover all ACA-like consumer stories, Nine!

1 Like