Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Sydney last night:

4 Likes

I noticed he was reading from the paper script at times last night but didn’t realise the auto cue failure had lasted so long as I was busy doing other things while watching. Testament to his professionalism. He did well not to stumble considering and even cracked a funny about it when crossing to Belinda for weather. I noticed they abandoned the first weather segment. I guess this explains why.

I find Burrows more watchable than Ferguson.

8 Likes

It’s a shame he cops such a bad wrap on here when he is filling in.

6 Likes

Viewers watching Gold Coast news followed by Brisbane news can become repetitive.

Gold Coast opener

Brisbane

5 Likes

Same thing happens on Seven all the time.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nine News Regional

Mentioned in a TV tongight article the other day. But Nine News Perth have been picking up a larger viewer numbers recently.

I think a couple of times recently they’ve actually beaten 7 News Perth. Not alarming figures for 7 but I’d be worried at 7 if they continue to grow.

Would be a dark day for 7 if 9 News Perth claimed victory in news in the future.

1 Like

Good result.

Now that would be massive news in the west if Nine News can nab a win against Seven News, which (to my knowledge) hasn’t lost a week against Nine News for about a quarter of a century.

These days, Nine News rarely loses a week in the two biggest markets - Sydney and Melbourne. TMK, Nine News Sydney has lost nine weeks since the end of 2012 (seven of them in 2016), and Nine News Melbourne has lost just eight weeks since the start of 2012 (five in 2016 and three last year, one of them possibly being a Commonwealth Games week).

Do we think it’s enough for seven to invest in a new set?

I don’t mind that though, as long as the local story covers it more from a local angle in knowing that the “state” angle of it is being covered in the next bulletin.

And you know that your local news has made bigger news.

Not just yet but I think eventually it will.

I watched 9 News Perth tonight, and in the times that I have watched in the past as well there has never been any content issues, in fact the content has been at times better.

However, their stability has gone down the drain and has seemed to be an advantage point for 7. Now that Michael Thompson is presenting the news (he honestly isn’t that great) he is a familiar face for 9 and has been there through all the presenter changes, so people might be switching over (in small percentages)

Personally, I think Seven should be investing in a new set regardless of their ratings position. But that’s for another topic.

It’s almost as if…there’s a growing need for both networks to provide the Gold Coast with a 6pm bulletin of their very own.

But I know it’s not likely to happen anytime soon due to logistical issues.

1 Like

Another view of the current Melbourne set.

14 Likes

Nine News Sydney amusement park reporter Mike Dalton at Disneyland, California.

3 Likes

Sydney’s Afternoon News is missing the red “SYDNEY” text in the bottom right hand corner at the moment.

EDIT: Back on now after first ad break.

Reckon the multiple reports on Nine News about the new Star Wars attraction at Disneyland (the report shown during the 6pm bulletin is truly a sight to be seen) is a sign that the network could be looking to form a longer term partnership with Disney?

Either way, what I’d probably like to know is whether anyone does flights from LA to Brisbane since Nine will probably want Dalts in the Queensland capital (rather than here in Sydney) for next week’s naturally blue-eyed State of Origin lead-up coverage…

1 Like

there are flights from LA/Bris etc

2 Likes

Nine are just trying to suck up to Disney so they can acquire rights for upcoming Disney+ content and broadcast it on Stan.

1 Like

Likely a paid junket and nothing more.

2 Likes