Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

We believe that those promos were shot in the already constructed set in Perth where each individual presenter flown over separately. As mentioned earlier, the set is mainly constructed by screens so Sydney probably will and should receive a smaller scaled version of the Perth set to fit in studio 21.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:2098, topic:67”]
There was a bit of a shake in the camera with the Opening Set Shot on Nine News Sydney tonight!
[/quote] They are definitely in studio 22 and given that the plasma from Today is being used in the last few nights, only connects more dots.

2 Likes

For those still unsure, Deb Knight just confirmed that Sydney’s bulletin is being presented from Studio 22 (via Instagram); posting a video on her ‘story’ walking through the Studios doors into the set up studio.

8 Likes

Viewable here: https://scontent-syd2-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.9793-16/15356361_552940308244687_8598289669190320128_n.mp4

2 Likes

Some issues with the supers on Nine News Sydney tonight. The left side of the supers look VHS quality.

It seems that there’s another version of the 40 Second Promo for Nine News Sydney, including scenes with Gabriella Rogers, Ross Greenwood and Eddy Meyer:

2 Likes

Seems that Tom Steinfort and Jayne Azzopardi (Weekend Today) will also be Sydney news reporters in 2017 as they are featuring on the promo.

This probably means Davina Smith returns to the daytime slot.

Looks like that video has been taken down?

1 Like

It was a ‘story’, which deletes itself after 24 hours.

Graphics Error with the Weather Preview before the final ad break on tonight’s Nine News Sydney…

8 Likes

Hopefully these sorts of glitches won’t be as frequent once the Nine News Sydney launches their new set.

But unfortunately, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if something major happens on debut night! :scream:

6 Likes

I remember 7 News Melbourne had so many switching errors back in 2013/2014, it seems that it has ironed out by now.

IIRC, 7News don’t use automation in Melbourne.

1 Like

Automation for 9News Melbourne was brought in 2015 if I am correct?
7News Melbourne introduced automation around 2014

1 Like

I thought that Nine News Sydney & Nine News Melbourne brought in automation around the same time early last year myself…

5 Likes

Apart from the one glitch on Nine News Perth, I hadn’t notice any issues and it’s fully automated.

6 Likes

That is true…

I don’t see how a new set is going to make any difference to the performance of the automation system.

Perhaps maybe the reason why Perth doesn’t seem to have any such issues is because they are now in new studios, which I assume were built to work with an automated set up.

Perhaps things may not improve much on the automation front until Nine relocates to North Sydney?

5 Likes

The studio is automated, I don’t think anything else is.

1 Like

Agree - and can graphics errors as shown above be blamed totally on automation? I don’t think we can now put every on-screen error in that category.

1 Like

I agree. Sometimes we’ve made mistakes at work and our graphics aren’t automated. When it’s fast paced and stories are being rearranged by the producers and last minute changes are made, it’s easy to stuff something up with or without automation.

3 Likes

A slight delay with the automation (Erin talking to a different camera)

… and a minute later, an overly zoomed out shot after the weather preview with Amber

6 Likes