Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

It was a ‘story’, which deletes itself after 24 hours.

Graphics Error with the Weather Preview before the final ad break on tonight’s Nine News Sydney…

8 Likes

Hopefully these sorts of glitches won’t be as frequent once the Nine News Sydney launches their new set.

But unfortunately, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if something major happens on debut night! :scream:

6 Likes

I remember 7 News Melbourne had so many switching errors back in 2013/2014, it seems that it has ironed out by now.

IIRC, 7News don’t use automation in Melbourne.

1 Like

Automation for 9News Melbourne was brought in 2015 if I am correct?
7News Melbourne introduced automation around 2014

1 Like

I thought that Nine News Sydney & Nine News Melbourne brought in automation around the same time early last year myself…

5 Likes

Apart from the one glitch on Nine News Perth, I hadn’t notice any issues and it’s fully automated.

6 Likes

That is true…

I don’t see how a new set is going to make any difference to the performance of the automation system.

Perhaps maybe the reason why Perth doesn’t seem to have any such issues is because they are now in new studios, which I assume were built to work with an automated set up.

Perhaps things may not improve much on the automation front until Nine relocates to North Sydney?

5 Likes

The studio is automated, I don’t think anything else is.

1 Like

Agree - and can graphics errors as shown above be blamed totally on automation? I don’t think we can now put every on-screen error in that category.

1 Like

I agree. Sometimes we’ve made mistakes at work and our graphics aren’t automated. When it’s fast paced and stories are being rearranged by the producers and last minute changes are made, it’s easy to stuff something up with or without automation.

3 Likes

A slight delay with the automation (Erin talking to a different camera)

… and a minute later, an overly zoomed out shot after the weather preview with Amber

6 Likes

There were also problems with the graphics disappearing immediately during the live cross to Charles Croucher in Canberra (and a mispelling, note to 9News Sydney: “Apologies” is the plural and not the same as the verb version “apologises”, or it probably should’ve been “apologised”, the past-tense).
Additionally I was disappointed Nine are continuing with their sensationalisation theme; the report of the fight in a hotel which involved throwing of bar stool(s) & glass(es) really didn’t need the words “…children as young as 15.” (“Children as young as…” brings to my mind children younger than teenagers.)

3 Likes

All female team in Brisbane tonight

6 Likes

Sydney had an all female trio tonight too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They should’ve given Ebony a platform like they do with Livinia.

4 Likes

All female on NewsHub in NZ too… I wonder if it was a thing?

1 Like

So new Sydney set tonight?

Apparently there is meant to be another set upgrade tonight as well.

2 Likes