Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

A slightly longer version of the Sydney promo previously posted:

The voiceover at the end confirms January 22 as the date for Peter Overton’s return to Nine News Sydney, as previously mentioned. This 30 Second Promo also includes a few more reporter scenes including perhaps a major coup for a Sydney news promo - State Political Reporter Chris O’Keefe walking alongside NSW Premier Mike Baird!

7 Likes

I didn’t know where to post this… but its pretty basic short clips…:

3 Likes

Unsure if this has already been posted… but just a bit of a Q&A about the new set design.

2 Likes

Having seen the Perth set in person, I think they could fit it in studio 21. It looks much bigger on screen than it really is.

3 Likes

A Quote from the Newscaststudio.com link above
“with a set that can be a model for a national look in other states”.
The sets will be scaled to suit the space they are to be fitted into.
As stated previously Perth’s news studio is not that big to start with. Most sets look much, much bigger on TV than they are in reality.

4 Likes

The beauty of a wide angle lense!
Most sets on TV aren’t big and it’s all smoke and mirrors.

7 Likes

And they just hire short presenters (like Tim Bailey at Ten) so that they fit into the set and can look bigger on telly than they really are! :laughing:

3 Likes

New Plasma for the Weather here in Sydney.

9 Likes

I thought that looked different!
And I think these days it would be LED/LCD?
I don’t think anyone makes plasma screens anymore?

Hopefully it will work in with the new set that is being introduced in 2 weeks.

4 Likes

A couple more new promos from Sydney (there must be heaps of versions!):

40 Second Promo, including appearances by Damian Ryan & Laurie Oakes and other scenes not seen in shorter versions:

A different 20 Second Promo:

…and of course, there’s also the new weather plasma (or is it an LED/LCD display?) in Sydney:

Even though it’s a bit hard to make out, I think this new screen is a Panasonic just like the old one was (and the current/outgoing backdrop screen is):

Doesn’t Nine News Perth have something similar with it’s current set? If so, I think we very well may be looking at a small part of the new Nine News Sydney set in those caps!

10 Likes

What’s with the bottom half of it. That yellow strip?

2 Likes

A much better promo, IMO, showing more of the experienced team.

Yuck. It is the same as Nine News Gold Coast and more notably the Today Show. Whilst I am glad the old Nine News/Today Show(2009-2011) plasma is gone, I really hope that eyesore isn’t apart of the new set and just borrowed from Today. (N.B. I know the current Today Show plasma has a grey outlining but when the new set launched in last February it was black. Perhaps they had two).

2 Likes

Yeah, Sherri presents weather from a bigger monitor

1 Like

6 Likes

Looks like the old one carcked it. Just a temporary measure I’m sure till the new set.

7 Likes

I reckon there’s a 99% chance of the plasma stands in the 1st & 3rd pics being exactly the same, except with different lighting.

5 Likes

New Year’s sale at JB Hi Fi? Cashed in those 60 Minutes travel points?

16 Likes

:joy:

It looks to me like they’ve been in a different studio yesterday/today (or at the very least they’ve moved the set to a new position within the studio). The very distinctive markings on the floor are different, cameras are much lower quality (especially the wide shots) and the wide shots are all very tight/from slightly different angles.

So fingers crossed the new set is going in this week!

7 Likes

CONFIRMED:

• The plasma used on last night’s news was the same plasma that appears on Today. The silver framing was removed.
  • The plasma from Today is only temporary.
  • Nine News Sydney will remain from studio 21 when the new set launches
2 Likes