Nine News Content and Appearance

Today’s was fine. No issues if they stick with that, and I’m a fan of the zoom. They just have to be careful to stay on time so they don’t get potential channel changes from those that are switching on at 6.

4 Likes

I’m not. It comes through as a “whoops, we’re live here” moment, and the sudden drumbeat kicking in just adds to it.

Hence the accompanying comment “flashback moment”

3 Likes

I like the zoom, but I also think they shouldn’t be in the same shot for the handover. Keep them and the bulletins separate.

2 Likes

The 5pm bulletin must have some turn offs for the 6pm bulletin right? If I’m home for 5pm and the News is on and I’m not doing anything else, I’ll watch. But I wouldn’t stay around to see it all again at 6pm?

2 Likes

Why would someone switch off? They know whats next. Don’t they already turn to 7 right now? I dont see evidence of 7news viewers switching and if they are, well they’ve seen 9’s version of news for the hour anyway - i dont see how the 5 or 6pm edition would be different.

Seems to have improved 9 Adelaide results.

The main achievement for 9 Perth is to take as many viewers away from 10 Perth and increase it’s lead into 6pm

1 Like

The new Perth strategy is still to gain any traction for Nine. Nine News at 6pm has rated lower than the equivalent days of the previous week - lowest Monday result for 13 weeks; lowest Tuesday result for 8 weeks.

The Afternoon news at 5pm has rated lower than Hot Seat did and Hot Seat at 4pm has rated lower than The Afternoon News used to. 10 News rated lower on Monday than the previous week but Tuesday was higher at 5pm (14%) and 6pm (31%).

ATM Seven is a big winner with increased audiences across 4pm - 6pm.

But of course, it is only 2 days so far! Check back in a few weeks and also worth looking at key demographic groups.

6 Likes

Tune in tonight for all the “news” :smile:

8 Likes

Nine News competition/bribe - strange seeing Sunday - Thursday on the end board.

7 Likes

Yeah. Friday and Saturday, go watch something else. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Or perhaps Nine News Queensland will move to the Sun-Thu/Fri-Sat roster model as seen in Sydney next year?

While Nine News did win the south-east Queensland ratings this year, having Andrew and Melissa on a Sunday night (which I think only ever happened once before, in July 2017 when QTQ launched its new set) would give Nine a huge boost to start a ratings week.

1 Like

I reckon you’re on the money, otherwise they would have said “MONDAY - FRIDAY 6PM”

Having Andrew and Melissa on Sunday nights would definitely help Nine News Queensland’s ratings on that night. They could even have Wally Lewis or Michael Atkinson present sport from the stadium if the game that day is being played in Queensland.

1 Like

It gives the wrong impression that Nine doesn’t air any bulletin on Friday and Saturday nights at all. Has the potential to be confusing to viewers.

1 Like

I’m getting fed up with the stupid theories on this forum lately.
If anyone actually looks at the caps, the competition starts this Sunday and ends on the Thursday.

Yes, the endboard is a little weird/misleading saying that specifically, but come on.

15 Likes

Nine Gold Coast News Friday with Tracey Smith

9 Likes

Not as dramatic as the bird on Nine News Melbourne those years ago but tonight a bird swooped across the live cam in Adelaide.

13 Likes

Nice to see Brenton with that rather quick-thinking bit of banter after that bird swooped.

6 Likes

“Here’s tomorrow’s speed cameras”, what’s all that about?

1 Like

Both Seven Nine News here in Adelaide report on the location of SAPOL’s mobile speed camera locations for the next day

3 Likes

Also something that was common in Perth bulletins until WAPOL stopped publishing fresh locations on a daily basis.

10 Likes