Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Quite possibly, though Morrison and Arvier did work together before the latter moved stateside.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Morrison jumped ship to either Seven or Ten.

3 Likes

Friday and Saturday

Mark Burrows is presenting in Sydney, with Rob Canning presenting sport

Natalia Cooper presenting weather on both the 4pm and 6pm bulletins

6 Likes

Probably tomorrow night as well.

You’d imagine that we’ll likely see GG start her stint in the main chair for Summer 2020-21 on Sunday?

4 Likes

Rob Canning presenting sport tonight.

6 Likes

Brett McLeod begins filling in for Alicia Loxley from this weekend.

5 Likes

Surprisingly, she was quite good.

6 Likes

As far as overseas correspondents go, I don’t think Arvier is very good.

2 Likes

Yeah he did some worthy reporting from the protests this year but generally speaking I found him more sensationalist than the other US correspondents (perhaps Nine News Queensland trained him quite a bit on that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). Alexis Daish and Amelia Adams are way better comparatively.

Though he must’ve impressed many since he did get a number of awards for his reporting in the US.

3 Likes

Sunday- Thursday (potentially for the next few weeks)

Georgie Gardner is presenting in Sydney,

6 Likes

Saturday (12.12.2020) - Sunday (13.12.2020): Adam Hegarty is presenting Brisbane’s news and sport again this weekend.

Ebony Cavallaro is doing Sunday’s weather.

2 Likes

Tuesday (15.12.2020) - Friday (18.12.2020):

Lizzie Pearl is presenting the national Morning News and Sydney’s Afternoon News.

Tim Davies is doing the Early News this week.

4 Likes

Agree, he’s a great news anchor (as well as sports presenter). I think the issue is that a lot of people don’t like his attitude.

In my mind he’s the perfect person to take over from Hitch, Alicia just doesn’t have the weeknight 6pm pull just yet.

Kathryn Foran went from being the only Nine reporter to use an umbrella when reporting in the rain to this tonight:

4 Likes

Alicia convincingly beats Mike Amor pretty much every weekend. It would be crazy to go with someone other than her, and it would be more crazy to put Tony Jones of all people into that seat.

5 Likes

When do we think Hitch realistically will retire? He turns 75 in February.

For all we know, Alicia might not want the role, having three young kids, and she might be happy with her current role now of weekend 6pm and a few days doing the afternoon news.

2 Likes

This.
We’re literally going around in circles again but she has proven she has the pull.
Each to their own but I just don’t like Tony Jones in the hosting chair. He is a sports man; stick to it.

2 Likes

Last thing I’ll say on this is look who fills in for Hitch 99% of the time - Tony (although that may be a contractual thing where Tony fills in for Peter on an x amount of days).

If they want Alicia to be his successor, then you’d imagine they’d be having her as his primary fill-in.

Nothing personal against Alicia, I just prefer Tony as a newsreader.

Tony never fills in for Peter during the year.
He only ever presents during summer which as you mentioned is probably contractual.

2 Likes

Friday and Saturday

Mark Burrows is presenting in Sydney, Jelisa Apps presenting sport and Natalia Cooper presenting weather

Update: Erin Molan is back presenting Saturday sport

7 Likes

On the Gold Coast - Bruce Paige and sports presenter Dom Loudon are off on holidays for 2 weeks. Eva Milic appears to already be on a break. At the end of the bulletin, Bruce said that Tracy Smith will present the bulletin for the next fortnight.

3 Likes