Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

They’re all following Queensland now… :neutral_face:

The time was added to some of the supers on the Morning News today, though not quite the same as Seven.

11 Likes

Great live work happening from Amelia, Tim and Lexi. Amelia right in the thick of it live right now pretty real stuff.

Morning news extended.

10 Likes

It is great they have 3 US correspondents. The depth at this time is much needed.

8 Likes

What time did it finish? Seven went overtime too.

Have Nine always had three? Noticed Seven seem to have a few too (Ashlee Mullany, Amelia Brace and Paul Kadak).

Used to just be two (such as past decade; Mike Amor and Rahni Sadler at Seven > Angela Cox & Emma Dallimore and Daniel Sutton at 10) , 20+ years ago it was one.

4 Likes

Nine’s Morning News finished at 12:30pm.

4 Likes

Thanks. That’s a long over-run! Good to see commitment to developing news, even during daytime on a weekday.

I guess Nine can adjust their schedule on the run, whereas Seven had a midday movie (2hr run) and probably no back-up on the run?

3 Likes

From around Robert Penfold’s semi-retirement last year there were three.

Nine has had some great US correspondents over the years with the likes of Barry Matheson and Bob Tarlau to name a few. I think it went to two around the early to mid 1990s when Mark Burrows and Nick McCallum were there.

4 Likes

I love his crosses on AW’s Breakfast with Ross and John, listened to him for many years.

updated

10 used to have two after Michelle Stone returned after 9/11, with Deb Knight moving from Canberra bureau to LA as well as Nine Brisbane’s Leisa Roles. Then I think it was Leisa Roles (who was bureau chief) with Rahni Sadler joining her mid-2000s, before Roles returned and then in 2007 10 Melbourne’s Nicole Strahan replaced Sadler who infamously defected to Seven to join Mike (the other female journo who’s name escapes me was fired or something?) I think Mike had returned from Sydney to LA just prior replacing Nick Etchells.

Apart from Penfold and Amor, I think it was Angela Cox and Emma Dallimore who had the next longest-serving stints in the US (both went there in 2009 and both didn’t return to Australia until around 2016?) Dallimore of course left 10 after they closed the US Bureau around 2013 but then went to Seven’s bureau as a producer/reporter).

1 Like

Eddy Meyer (now at 9) also was at one point 10s US correspondent. 10 also had a Pam someone in the mid to late 90s. She was also on Stan Zemanek’s radio show as Hollywood reporter.

3 Likes

Pam Mackay.

1 Like

That’s it. Her name escaped me. She had a loud and obnoxious voice but she was always a back up/weekend US correspondent at 10.

1 Like

Was the screen used on today used in the news?

A bit of blatant cross promotion on Nine News Sydney tonight.

On a voiceover item on Ben Fordham’s first day as 2GB breakfast host which mentioned some his guests, this from Peter Overton… “Tune in from 5.30am tomorrow to see who’s next”.

3 Likes

Ha! I thought the same. I wondered if Nine owned 2GB. Then I opened Google and found out this WAS the case.

2 Likes

Yes, they have owned the former Fairfax stations since their merger in November 2018.

Nine Radio (Talk)

1 Like

Tuesday 2 June-

Morning News extended to a one hour bulletin today.

6 Likes

Finished at 12.05pm

1 Like

Seven News finished at 12:05pm but this is the Nine News thread and Nine Morning News was a one hour bulletin today !

3 Likes

Best exclusive logo (this follow my poll on Seven News Content And Appearance)
2d6a6d29dc3fa1e10ef49b0e38834e7d8c71b7b0_2_690x388 EWMehe2U0AU6wjk

• Left
  • Right

0 voters

1 Like