Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

And this is confirmed… how?

1 Like

Probably shooting off some messages to the right people on twitter.

6 Likes

Couldn’t find any caps on here to show my point, but the Studio 21 also has more of a ‘speckled’ black floor, compared to more of the flat black in Studio 22, as seen in the cap with the news set with Today’s plasma above - potentially another sign the news set has moved to Studio 22.

3 Likes

I had a look at some caps from earlier on, and yes, the markings on the floor are different, and so is the finish. The news set in Studio 21 used to get moved around when Today shared the studio, so it’s possible that they moved it while constructing the new set. Do they have automation in studio 22? Has anyone noticed any differences in that area with last night’s bulletin?

1 Like

No, not as far as I know.

There is more than enough room in studio 22 for the news set to be temporarily set up in there. Could end up being the position and set from 22 for the regional bulletin also?

1 Like

There was alot more movement in the shots last night, suggesting that there were people behind those cameras! e.g. the studio sweep in both the opener and closer had the camera physically moving rather than the usual tilt & zoom - something we haven’t seen since automated cameras were introduced.

4 Likes

Well lets hope that Nine will give up on their automation fiasco when the new set is launched :smiley:

There was a bit of a shake in the camera with the Opening Set Shot on Nine News Sydney tonight!

Also, a minor graphics error when going to a break (could be useful for mocks! ;P):

12 Likes

Apologies for the double post, but here’s a* 1 Minute Version of the “First & Best In Sydney” Nine News promo featuring many of Nine News Sydney’s current reporters:

*I suspect that there may be more than one long version, since Damian Ryan was in the 40 Second Promo. And interestingly, I haven’t seen court reporter Kelly Fedor feature in any of these promos (at least from what I’ve seen so far anyway) but aside from that, it seems that most of Nine News Sydney’s other prominent reporters have taken part…

9 Likes

I prefer 9News Sydney’s visual presentation over 7’s, plus 9HD is available in regional NSW & ACT, but some of the content this week has disappointed.
Earlier this week Nine had a story about the Immigration Minister suggesting possible changes to citizenship requirements, but Georgie Gardner’s introduction to it (presumably like the minister’s media release, and the story which followed) suggested such changes could improve national security by somehow preventing terrorists entering the country, ignoring the fact that people have to have already been a permanent resident for how-many years before applying to become a citizen? (And so in the community able to commit crimes including terrorism.)
What happened to some critical editorial supervision instead of just repeating a media release from a politician’s office (of whatever political persuasion)?
In Thursday night’s bulletin a report on federal funding for an Islamic school being stopped didn’t explain why, while Seven reported that it was because of the $1.5M/year rent the school pays (with taxpayers’ money) to the Islamic association who owns the land being an exorbitant rent and therefore the school being run for profit, against federal funding rules for private schools.
Is Nine more/only interested in being sensationalist? It’s not that hard/time consuming to provide the details or some analysis, especially given the length (1 hour) of the bulletin (not that Seven are perfect either).

2 Likes

that is a stellar promo

5 Likes

That set can’t be in studio 21. As much as a wide angle lense gives you, that’s in a large space like 22. It has to be!

1 Like

We believe that those promos were shot in the already constructed set in Perth where each individual presenter flown over separately. As mentioned earlier, the set is mainly constructed by screens so Sydney probably will and should receive a smaller scaled version of the Perth set to fit in studio 21.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:2098, topic:67”]
There was a bit of a shake in the camera with the Opening Set Shot on Nine News Sydney tonight!
[/quote] They are definitely in studio 22 and given that the plasma from Today is being used in the last few nights, only connects more dots.

2 Likes

For those still unsure, Deb Knight just confirmed that Sydney’s bulletin is being presented from Studio 22 (via Instagram); posting a video on her ‘story’ walking through the Studios doors into the set up studio.

8 Likes

Viewable here: https://scontent-syd2-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.9793-16/15356361_552940308244687_8598289669190320128_n.mp4

2 Likes

Some issues with the supers on Nine News Sydney tonight. The left side of the supers look VHS quality.

It seems that there’s another version of the 40 Second Promo for Nine News Sydney, including scenes with Gabriella Rogers, Ross Greenwood and Eddy Meyer:

2 Likes

Seems that Tom Steinfort and Jayne Azzopardi (Weekend Today) will also be Sydney news reporters in 2017 as they are featuring on the promo.

This probably means Davina Smith returns to the daytime slot.

Looks like that video has been taken down?

1 Like