Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Hopefully will be on TEN, not Nine.

Interesting comments online…

As mentioned the article states the secret pilots were recently filmed in Pyrmont, which is very interesting with recent information on another forum suggesting that an audience call went out recently for some secret pilots being filmed for TEN recently.

and

“in the same studio where Nine tapes Today at Pyrmont” (D.Tele). Um, Nine doesn’t “tape” Today, do they? And if they did where at “Pyrmont” would that be done? Is the rest of their story as inaccurate as this? Hopefully will be on TEN, not Nine.

Today is broadcast live to air from Studio 22 at TCN Willoughby, Ten (and I believe also Fox Sports along with some of Sydney’s radio stations) is the TV network which has it’s Sydney studios at Pyrmont!

Get your facts right, Daily Telegraph! :confused:

1 Like

So in that case Rove could be back on Ten?

Totally off topic, but Fox Sports moved to Pacific Highway in Artarmon about 3 years ago…near the old ABC site at Gore Hill.

Whoever the host is, FTA is sorely lacking a variety/chat show. I’m all for a network taking a risk and giving one a try.

2 Likes

Ahh, I must’ve forgot about that. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Yeah, hopefully these variety/chat show rumours develop into something this time!

1 Like

### Week commencing 4 December 2016

Sunday 4 December
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adleaide
One Day Series - Australia v New Zealand
06:00 PM Nine News
06:30 PM One Day Series - Australia v New Zealand
60 Minutes
Killer on the Line

Perth
10:30 PM One Day Series - Australia v New Zealand
07:00 PM Nine News
07:30 PM 60 Minutes
08:30 PM TBA

Monday 5 December
07:30 PM RBT
08:30 PM Mission Impossible (1996)
10:45 PM Person Of Interest
11:45 PM Undateable

Tuesday 6 December
Days of Thunder (1990)

Perth
07:30 PM Multi Million Dollar Mega Yachts
08:40 PM Days of Thunder (1990)

Wednesday 7 December
07:30 PM Wild New Zealand
08:40 PM Chicago Med
09:40 PM Medical Mysteries
10:40 PM Embarrassing Bodies
11:40 PM Murder in the First

Thursday 8 December
07:30 PM Great Getaways
08:30 PM Victoria’s Secret 2016
09:30 PM 20 to One
10:30 PM Conspiracy
11:30 PM The Mysteries of Laura

Friday 9 December
Ransom (1996)

Perth
07:30 PM TBA
10:20 PM Ransom (1996)

Saturday 10 December
07:30 PM Elf (2003)
09:00 PM Christmas With The Kranks (2004)

Check Nine Cricket Coverage and local guides for details of cricket coverage.

Doesn’t look like a late-night talkshow

That idea sounds awful. It needs to be a chat show or forget about it.

1 Like

Looking at that summer schedule thank goodness for Netflix and Stan !

4 Likes

You can see why he has gone to nine. Ten wouldnt go near it when they have Have You Been Paying Attention

What does HYBPA have to do with it?

The two shows are too similar. So Ten wouldn’t have agreed to a movie quiz show.

1 Like

I don’t see the problem. If it’s good enough, there’s plenty of space in the schedule.

1 Like

Thats the problem its not good enough. I dont see that many people being interested in a movie quiz show. Also its better to have variety in your schedule, having two similar shows in the schedule at the same time is not a good idea.

1 Like

I don’t know if I agree with filling a whole schedule full of similar shows. There needs to be diversity to bring in different viewers to the network. If it is a movie/quiz show with celebrities it sounds very similar to Have You Been Paying Attention, which Ten aren’t going to be interested in while the original is doing so well.

That is basically like having 2 cooking shows going on at the same time, on the same network, because cooking shows are doing well. I would quite easily get sick of both cooking shows.

[quote=“turdall, post:554, topic:43”]
I don’t know if I agree with filling a whole schedule full of similar shows. There needs to be diversity to bring in different viewers to the network. If it is a movie/quiz show with celebrities it sounds very similar to Have You Been Paying Attention, which Ten aren’t going to be interested in while the original is doing so well.[/quote]
Not to mention all the failed attempts at similar celebrity quiz shows about music, television, sport, gossip, entertainment etc.

The Big Music Quiiz, Spicks and Specks 2.0, A League of Their Own, The White Room etc.

Although, I still think Dirty Laundry Live in the right hands could be a hit for a commercial channel.

3 Likes

It’s a total of two hours a week combined. Hardly “full of similar shows”. Don’t forget, there are 42 hours worth of primetime to fill each week (or 31.5 by Ten’s metric).

But there is only 7 hours of primetime between 8:30-9:30 (which ten take priority over) - why would they have two slots with the same type of program? Beyond me. Nine would be wise to make a move with such a show as they don’t have one.

Beverley even mentioned in an interview recently they dont like to comission shows that are similar to ones they already have or that other networks have. So obviously if it was pitched to Ten this would have been a major consideration.

It also doesnt give a lot of options if you say here at 8:30 on a sunday our average viewer is male and 40 and on Monday its male and 40 and again on Tuesday its male and 40. You need to have different shows that appeal to different demographics so you can attract more advertisers and major sponsors to your network.

Just a heads up to any other Person of Interest fans - it aired as normal at around 10.40 on Monday night.

Who says it would land at 8.30 to 9.30?

It could even be 30 minutes or somewhere in between for all we know. Again, depending on the program that it would end up being on air, there’s dozens of potential options, even with Ten.

I know popular opinion here is that Ten’s programming staff are idiots and shut up shop on their schedule at 9.30, but they aren’t THAT stupid to discount actually doing something outside. They’re not saying never, just unlikely because they have their key focuses. But IF the right project comes along and they are keen…

A programmer never says never. All it takes is one thing to change things.

EDIT: Apologies for the Ten talk in a Nine thread.