Nine Cricket Coverage

I don’t mind Tubby and Clarky actually but the rest can go off topic a lot except for Chappelli, who just bores me out a lot of the time.

1 Like

Yeah I probably shouldn’t judge him on his commentating considering I havent heard him commentate. I normally listen to alternative commentating rather than Nine’s. I just don’t particularly like Shane Warne.

Brad McNamara, is that you? Even aside from the million spelling mistakes, what a dopey little bit of commentary from you. As if acting like a buffoon equals personality. And as if their ocker, inane “personalities” connect with kids.

I actually can’t imagine that a mature, adult person would even think let alone write what you have said.

We’re bagging it because it’s shit, not because it’s Nine.

Yeah great reason for accepting substandard commentary. Because, if we did have quality commentary, it would totally mean the sport disappeared to Foxtel the next day. Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

Slater has just become a buffoon, Mark Taylor can’t string together a sentence and sounds like he’s constipated each time he forces something out of his mouth, Healy generally doesn’t have anything clever to say, Chappell is the grumpiest old fart out there, and Clarke is as likeable as Lara Bingle.

Compare Nine’s top level cricket commentary team with, for example, Seven’s top level AFL commentary team, and you’ll realise just how shit Nine are.

Thank God Lee and Hussey are out at least.

1 Like

Although I agree with you, I need to ask the question is there anyone you do like?

Very good summary from you.

Although I did think Hussey was a decent analyst.

When it comes to talking cricket alone, Ponting and Warne are the best analysts in the business.

1 Like

TESTS, ONE-DAYERS, T20

A huge season of international cricket commences next week with NINE presenting EXCLUSIVELY LIVE AND FREE all the action from the Commonwealth Bank Test Series, the Victoria Bitter One Day International Series, and the KFC T20 International Series (Men’s and Women’s).

Nine’s sizzling summer of cricket opens on Thursday, November 3, at 12.30pm AEDT with the first test between Australia and South Africa at the WACA in Perth.

Nine’s Wide World of Sports, the home of cricket for more than 40 years, will showcase four of the world’s top cricketing nations – South Africa, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and New Zealand – when they take on the Australians captained by Steve Smith.

Nine’s coverage of the summer of cricket will be hosted by Mark Nicholas. The Wide World of Sports commentary team for the Australia v South Africa Commonwealth Bank Test Series will be led by Mark Taylor, and will include Shane Warne, Ian Chappell, Michael Slater, Ian Healy, Michael Clarke and former England player, Kevin Pietersen.

Tom Malone, Nine’s Director of Sport, said: “Summer is in the air, the cicadas are sounding, and that means it’s time for international cricket. Our commentators and production team are primed to give viewers the best seat in the house all summer long.”

Cricket fans will also be able to watch every ball of Nine’s coverage on their phone, tablet or PC with the Cricket Australia LIVE Pass streaming subscription. The website www.cricket.com.au will carry full highlights of every day’s play so fans don’t miss a moment of the action.

** Broadcast times/dates/channels are subject to change.
** VB ODI, Comm Bank Test Series (Australia v Pakistan) and KFC T20 schedules to follow.

1 Like

No Brayshaw either it seems? Anyone else missing?

Hopefully Brayshaw doesn’t play a part. And hopefully Bill Lawry does!

1 Like

James Brayshaw gone from Channel 9 cricket commentary team

CHANNEL 9 has announced divisive commentator James Brayshaw will not continue with the iconic commentary team this summer of cricket.

The Nine Network has announced its cricket broadcast schedule for this summer and confirmed former Aussie Test captain Michael Clarke and former English rival Kevin Pietersen have been added to the commentary team.

Brayshaw was nowhere to be mentioned anywhere in the announcement.

Article includes speculation of AFL Footy Show hosting and possible move to Seven.

Prepare your ears: Nine names cricket commentary team with one big absentee

Channel Nine has named their commentary team for the first Test between Australia and South Africa, with one much-maligned commentator seemingly missing out on a gig for this year’s season opener.

James Brayshaw, one of Nine’s more-criticised members of their cricket coverage, appears set to spend the South African series away from the microphone, with Daniel Brettig tweeting the commentator won’t be on Nine’s team when the summer of cricket begins next Thursday.

5 Likes

There is a god!!!

2 Likes

Unfortunately it looks like he may be calling channel 7 AFL games next year which is more screen time than his Channel 9 commitments! :scream:

Thank god I don’t support AFL! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lucky you…

2 Likes

Brayshaw may stay at Nine to co-host AFL Footy Show with Rebecca Maddern after all.

Channel 7 should go after him. He’d be a great replacement for Dennis. On the cricket however, he’s slightly annoying.

When Mark Nicholas met Kerry Packer. (A very entertaining read).

4 Likes

Summer of Cricket promo -

7 really don’t need Brayshaw on there team

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:65, topic:1894, full:true”]Brayshaw may stay at Nine to co-host AFL Footy Show with Rebecca Maddern after all.[/quote]Here’s hoping. Haven’t watched it for many years so won’t affect me. I really hope he doesn’t join Seven. They don’t need him in the slightest.

[quote=“Firetorch, post:66, topic:1894, full:true”]
Channel 7 should go after him. He’d be a great replacement for Dennis. On the cricket however, he’s slightly annoying.[/quote]Seven should stay well away from Brayshaw. They already have plenty of average commentators as it is without adding another to the team. He’s terrible enough on the radio but takes it to new heights on TV.

1 Like