Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

You can see why he has gone to nine. Ten wouldnt go near it when they have Have You Been Paying Attention

What does HYBPA have to do with it?

The two shows are too similar. So Ten wouldn’t have agreed to a movie quiz show.

1 Like

I don’t see the problem. If it’s good enough, there’s plenty of space in the schedule.

1 Like

Thats the problem its not good enough. I dont see that many people being interested in a movie quiz show. Also its better to have variety in your schedule, having two similar shows in the schedule at the same time is not a good idea.

1 Like

I don’t know if I agree with filling a whole schedule full of similar shows. There needs to be diversity to bring in different viewers to the network. If it is a movie/quiz show with celebrities it sounds very similar to Have You Been Paying Attention, which Ten aren’t going to be interested in while the original is doing so well.

That is basically like having 2 cooking shows going on at the same time, on the same network, because cooking shows are doing well. I would quite easily get sick of both cooking shows.

[quote=“turdall, post:554, topic:43”]
I don’t know if I agree with filling a whole schedule full of similar shows. There needs to be diversity to bring in different viewers to the network. If it is a movie/quiz show with celebrities it sounds very similar to Have You Been Paying Attention, which Ten aren’t going to be interested in while the original is doing so well.[/quote]
Not to mention all the failed attempts at similar celebrity quiz shows about music, television, sport, gossip, entertainment etc.

The Big Music Quiiz, Spicks and Specks 2.0, A League of Their Own, The White Room etc.

Although, I still think Dirty Laundry Live in the right hands could be a hit for a commercial channel.

3 Likes

It’s a total of two hours a week combined. Hardly “full of similar shows”. Don’t forget, there are 42 hours worth of primetime to fill each week (or 31.5 by Ten’s metric).

But there is only 7 hours of primetime between 8:30-9:30 (which ten take priority over) - why would they have two slots with the same type of program? Beyond me. Nine would be wise to make a move with such a show as they don’t have one.

Beverley even mentioned in an interview recently they dont like to comission shows that are similar to ones they already have or that other networks have. So obviously if it was pitched to Ten this would have been a major consideration.

It also doesnt give a lot of options if you say here at 8:30 on a sunday our average viewer is male and 40 and on Monday its male and 40 and again on Tuesday its male and 40. You need to have different shows that appeal to different demographics so you can attract more advertisers and major sponsors to your network.

Just a heads up to any other Person of Interest fans - it aired as normal at around 10.40 on Monday night.

Who says it would land at 8.30 to 9.30?

It could even be 30 minutes or somewhere in between for all we know. Again, depending on the program that it would end up being on air, there’s dozens of potential options, even with Ten.

I know popular opinion here is that Ten’s programming staff are idiots and shut up shop on their schedule at 9.30, but they aren’t THAT stupid to discount actually doing something outside. They’re not saying never, just unlikely because they have their key focuses. But IF the right project comes along and they are keen…

A programmer never says never. All it takes is one thing to change things.

EDIT: Apologies for the Ten talk in a Nine thread.

Would anyone watching the series (except your good self) have known it ended up airing last night?

Probably wasn’t advertised. I have a weekly recording on the PVR and only double checked to see if it was there when I hit play and didn’t see cricket.

I am not didagreeing that Ten should look at different timeslots all I am saying is Ten didnt look at it because of those reasons. I am disagreeing that they should look at more content in the 9:30 slot but they are not. You asked what have you been paying attention had to do with it and I am saying for Tens current perspective thats why they wouldnt got for it. Whether I agree with their strategy is irrelevant.

10:30 PM Rich Kids of Social Media

Brisbane 10 December

2 Likes

It is the telecast of the annual Lord Mayor’s Christmas Carols from Riverstage, Brisbane. Was the event on Seven or Nine last year?

1 Like

Some interesting views of the Nine studios (not sure where to post this)

3 Likes

I’m sure some of our experts here can tell me what we are looking at above.

1 Like

Studio 22 at TCN Willoughby, that’s the Today Show and (now former) Today Extra set in the background of course! :slight_smile:

Other programs that are presented from Studio 22 include Wide World Of Sports and The NRL Footy Show when they’re running during the year, as well as the annual Gold Telethon that airs in NSW on the Queen’s Birthday public holiday in June if that counts. Not sure if there are any others.

2 Likes