Nine Cricket Coverage

The Perth game will be from the brand new Optus Stadium :+1:

3 Likes

New graphics for the ODI series, very interesting. Apologies for the poor quality of the caps.

(upload://g7AOCizeIkOwXjvqAfqipOqE0Hg.png)

Lineup graphics:

A few more:

8 Likes

Revolting. They look very American.

And has a 90s feel to it for some reason. The graphics they had were excellent, don’t really see the need for change

6 Likes

Hopefully it’s just for the ODI and T20I series. If they ever broadcast a test match again (pending new broadcast rights) hopefully they go back to what they had.

3 Likes

Wowwwww. Those new graphics are horrific. Looks like someone was playing the Need For Speed video game from 15 years ago and took inspiration from it to design these.

Nine’s graphics in any sport have never been great but this has to be a new low.

3 Likes

It’s very Ricky Ponting 2005 to me.

I guess these are their prototype Big Bash graphics for next year.

Just tuned-in to the telecast. The graphics look awful. Very techno and modern?

1 Like

Yeah, look like they are straight out of a cricket video game.

Bloody odd to go to the effort of changing graphics with only a handful of ODIs/T20s left on your deal.

3 Likes

Scoreboard graphic:

5 Likes

this is probably part of a wider relaunch for the Wide World of Sports brand.

I’m obviously in a minority cause I love these new graphics.I think they look very sharp

11 Likes

I agree. The current branding for Nine’s Wide World Of Sports dates back to 2013, so that’s probably overdue for a refresh.

Not really sure if I like those ODI cricket graphics though!

1 Like

I don’t mind them at all either.

They are certainly more distinctive than the previous ones, which were a bit on the bland side.

I am with you there! I think they look fine.

2 Likes

…but that being said, I think the graphics look fine.

14 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nine Sports Broadcasting

To me it looks like the coverage is being produced for multiple broadcasters - maybe the UK broadcaster is taking this feed too and therefore the graphics are not 9 specific?

1 Like

That could be the case- BT Sport (the UK broadcaster) are indeed taking the Channel 9 feed.