Nine Cricket Coverage

Mark Nicholas has been commentating more often today to give it more of an English feel I’m sure

They have some elements quite similar to the new SuperSport package as well - though I think the SuperSport ones look better.

2 Likes

So BT didn’t stick around for the limited overs series? That’s cheap.

Sunset and Vine, the company who produced BTs test coverage also happen to be the ICC host broadcaster…

1 Like

Same as what nine did last time in the UK.

3 Likes

Scoreboard graphics have been slightly refined and improved. Before on top and now on the bottom.

6 Likes

Looks a lot better now

Edit: Transitions have also changed as well

2 Likes

Unlucky for Gillette.

2 Likes

Getting dropped like that, really, it’s the worst a sponsor can get.

13 Likes

Watched a bit of the replay from last night on OPTUS Sport 2 and noticed that the graphics for KFC trivia weren’t appearing. Not earth shattering but thought I’d share.

1 Like

Gillette paid millions to sponsor both ODI and Twenty20 series so it would expect to be featured on the field and on TV coverage. Was it consulted on the graphics change?

EDIT: the sponsor’s name reappeared in the graphics during the 3rd over of England’s innings in today’s third one-day game.

OPTUS Sport would most likely be taking the ‘world’ feed, which is devoid of all local graphics / sound etc. (No TEN promos between overs go out to the ‘world’ in the BBL for instance.

3 Likes

And Gillette sponsor is back today.

Arvo session finished at 18:18 (EDT)

I wish they’d make up their mind, some games go to 9Gem, some don’t

Quite special, but I noticed that Mark Nicholas wore a pink suit. Doesn’t it meant to be a special day at the SCG during One day games?

Righto, that makes sense. They still talked about the question and played related footage. Score graphics disappeared when the quiz ones would’ve appeared.

1 Like

so OPTUS Sport obviously don’t cut away for that to their own hosting team… the directors assistant would call out for the international broadcasters to ‘look away now’

It’s not live, just a replay. This isn’t via the app but the channels available on Fetch TV.

2 Likes

9Gem will again show the Allan Border Medal live from Crown Palladium in Melbourne. This year’s event will be held on Monday February 12 from 7.30pm AEDT, in the middle of the triangular Twenty/20 series.

3 Likes