News First (Sky Open NZ)

(29-30/10/2022) Karen Rutherford presented on Saturday and Carly Flynn on Sunday.

5 Likes

(10-11/12/2022) Kethaki Masilamani presented on Saturday and Isobel Ewing on Sunday.

6 Likes

Isobel Ewing presenting Prime News today for Christmas

4 Likes

Janika Ter Ellen is Back from her Christmas / New Year Break to Present Prime News: First at 5:30PM this Weekend.

4 Likes

New logo from Prime on the bulletin but nothing else has changed in regard of the bulletin

1 Like

No, pretty sure it was as dire as you recall.

Would love to find a video of an Alison Mau-hosted bulletin from when she filled in for Suzy Clarkson’s maternity leave in 2007.

(God, what a weird arrangement that was. Ali was appointed main newsreader for Prime in 2006, then a few days later they gave Eric Young the job instead. Ali remained under contract with Prime/Sky for two more years so was thrown the odd bit of work, like Suzy Clarkson’s maternity cover.)

2 Likes

What was the reason at the time for the swap? I imagine they pissed a lot of $ away in that process (as they did with Paul Holmes).

(16/07/2023) Eric Young presented the news tonight (Sunday), haven’t seen him present on the weekend for a while.

5 Likes

(19/07/2023): Simon Shepherd hosting tonight’s bulletin. Amanda Gillies presented yesterday.

6 Likes

Simon is great. A shame he didn’t get the weekend co-anchor gig back (if he wanted it).

3 Likes

(6/8/2023) Susie Nordqvist is presenting tonight.

10 Likes

Is there a permanent presenter for these bulletins or is it pretty random?

4 Likes

i thought she was at tvnz now?

1 Like

She left I believe when A Current Affair got quietly dumped.

7 Likes

Weekends seem to be a bit of a revolving door at the moment.

1 Like

Prime News to be renamed to News First from Wednesday 23rd August

8 Likes

Bit of a generic name isn’t it, ‘News First’. At least something like NewsHub is a bit more unique in name and offering.

I guess they can’t (or don’t want to) use the Sky name as part of the news branding.

5 Likes

Why they don’t just go with NewsHub on Sky or something?

14 Likes

Not a bad ideally actually, though doubt Sky will want to promote the NewsHub brand? Not like it’s a competitor or anything.

3 Likes

@killy06 From my point of view, Newshub is owned and operated by Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) while WBD’s existing channels (e.g. Discovery, ID, Animal Planet, Living Channel, TLC, CNN and Cartoon Network) are available as subscription channels on Sky.

When Prime changes its name to Sky Open and Prime News becomes “News First”, it is intended that News First will be produced by the same team and drawn on the same resources as Newshub.