News Events

Anthony Langford of North Sydney is one of the names on the missing persons list. I’ve heard of that name before. There’s a Youtube channel with the same name which has posted various TV Christmas tapes as well as general old TV stuff. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same person.

Normal news still happening.

That was over a week and a half ago?

I was looking for non-coronavirus related news

Has anything else happened in the last week?

no

1 Like

Certainly doesn’t seem like it :roll_eyes:

With people self isolating and socially distancing, what other news do you expect?

1 Like

Apart from the pandemic…no nothing else!:neutral_face:

1 Like

Coronavirus had come at a very convenient time for the ADF. The Four corners episode of the war crimes in Afghanistan would have been much bigger news otherwise.

I get the feeling there will be a lot of scandals slipping under the radar at the moment. The Catholics would be hoping for a George Pell verdict before Coronavirus gets better.

3 Likes

Well looks like they’re running out of coronavirus news. There was a bit more normal news in tonight’s bulletins. Dog attack and tornado.

2 Likes

News just minutes ago - more details to follow. “Wikileaks founder Julian Assange cannot be extradited to the United States, a court in London has ruled.”

1 Like

For anyone who has been following the international news-making story of Joe the pigeon, there is an unexpected twist to the story. With authorities set to euthanise the bird, it turns out the he had not from all the way from the US after all.

A pigeon that Australia declared a biosecurity risk has received a reprieve after a U.S. bird organization declared its identifying leg band was fake.

The band suggested the bird found in a Melbourne backyard on Dec. 26 was a racing pigeon that had left the U.S. state of Oregon, 13,000 kilometers (8,000 miles) away, two months earlier.

Acting Australian Prime Minister Michael McCormack had earlier said there would be no mercy if the pigeon was from the United States.

1 Like

The Long March rocket over Australia at time of posting. So if it suddenly enters the atmosphere now it will splashdown south of India.

Somewhere on Earth.

Power outages all throughout the state of Qld for some reason. All good where I am.

1 Like

A power station shutting down appears to be the cause.

1 Like

Seems to be mostly restored. Still 9,500 listed on Energex website.

1 Like

Weird centre of Rockhampton was without power but Yeppoon on the coast was not affected.

2 Likes