Newshub (closing in June)

Smaller costs presumably, plus also seen to be a public benefit especially in an election year.

3 Likes

Yep, it’s a matter of Entertainment vs Current Affairs, the latter being in danger of extinction, hence the “easy money”

1 Like

The AM Show will start at 5:30 tomorrow morning to cover the latest from White Island. Terrible tragedy.

1 Like

Crikey. Apparently 41 people are missing and the police have said there’s no signs of life and have called the search off.

1 Like

No, that figure is wrong. 31 people are in hospital, 3 were discharged last night, 5 are dead, and 8 are still missing but assumed dead…

A post was split to a new topic: News Events

Newshub Live at 4:30pm starting at 4PM with an extended show till 5PM

5 Likes

The Project tonight was live in Whakatāne with Kanoa and Paddy/Jesse, Nadine and Pax Assadi in studio. Pax was seated where the fourth panellist usually sits.

Kanoa was great out on the field.

2 Likes

It’s at a time like this that you think what a shame it would if a buyer is not found for Three. Newshub’s 6pm coverage especially has been excellent.

2 Likes

Newshub Special started at 1:25 on Three hosted by Mitch McCann

3 Likes

The Project NZ’s last show of the year tonight, new Bondi Rescue episodes replacing the show Mon-Thur from next week.

So too The AM Show.

Let’s hope something happens over summer where dumb and dumber decide not to return to the am :joy:

1 Like

I’m also hoping the am show gets an overhaul new presenters, bigger studio & only on tv
Sadly Duncan Garner & Mark Richardson are too much well not down to earth definitely not as family friendly like tvnz’s Breakfast
Hopefully once media works is sold There will be no more simulcast on magic talk

2 Likes

(13/12/2019) Trudi Nelson is presenting Newshub Late tonight.

4 Likes

Sarah Bristow is new Head of News for Newshub

3 Likes

Hopefully as the first female Head of News and Current Affairs in New Zealand, she will break things up and be innovative in the production & presentation with Newshub, a real competitor to others on air.

2 Likes

(20/12/2019) Karen Rutherford is presenting the last Newshub Late for the year tonight.

(21-24/12/2019) Tom McRae presented Newshub Live at 6pm with Nicky Styris on sport. Alex O’Hara presented weather on Saturday and Sunday.

(25/12/2019) Wilhelmina Shrimpton is presenting news with Michael O’Keeffe on sport. Heather Keats is presenting weather this week.

4 Likes

Okay okay. I might be overthinking this but are we in for a reboot of Newshub in 2020? Been seeing a lot of posts done by Newshub with at the end #newshubreboot
Are they hinting something? Or am I just being a clown and overthinking the situation like I always do lol

2 Likes

2 Likes