New Zealand TV

TVNZ 1 had a disruption to regular programming when it aired the FTA coverage of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics last year which saw The Chase, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Tipping Point, Fair Go, Schitts Creek, Te Karere and The Repair Shop being disrupted which some of these programmes move to TVNZ 2 temporally and the other taking a Transmission break, now Prime TV is doing the same next week which now see their regular programmes such as the Crowd Goes Wild, Five Bedrooms, Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Sewer Squad, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, Truck Night in America, American Pickers, Prime Flicks, Traffic Cops and Ambulance is being disrputed which nearly all is going to be taking off air temporally, but WWE Raw, NXT and Smackdown being shunted early hours in the morning to make way for 2022 free to air Beijing Winter Olympics coverage

Promo for the Waitangi Day Show

4 Likes

Are they on the green screen or on location?

I have to question the point of this, but good on Three I guess.

4 Likes

I have a feeling that with TVNZ Breakfast on air they may lose viewers. or that Oriini Kaipara has been in world news lately this may be why

Greenscreen from the Instagram post above

1 Like

Because TVNZ 1 is sticking to regular programmes instead as Three hosts the 2022 Governor General special about Dame Cindy Kiro as she had connections to Waitangi Day as a child

Waitangi National Trust Board decided late last year to cancel all in-person events at Waitangi Treaty Grounds during Waitangi Week 2022. Under the COVID-19 Protection Framework it would be practically impossible to safely proceed with the usual Waitangi commemorations, which attract 30,000 to 40,000 people annually. The health and safety of visitors, staff and the local community is of paramount importance to the Trust.

Guess with no actual event the decision was made to hold a virtual event and broadcast it on the networks that wished to carry it.

3 Likes

New 7 Days branding and logo

1 Like

Looks like they hired the graphics person who created this masterpiece

Moving to 7-30pm - Dai & Paul no longer permanent each week… revolving captains instead

4 Likes

Be interesting to see how the show goes, if its funny I’ll keep tuning in, BUT that logo is awful

2 Likes

That logo is really awful and the move to half-past 7 seems like they’re trying to reformat the show towards a more family-friendly audience like they did with Jono and Ben. The only good thing I see coming out of this so far is that we get a larger female cast to diversify the lineup. Only time will tell whether these new changes will affect the show’s ratings.

3 Likes

New prison documentary Australia Behind Bars, narrated by journalist Melissa Doyle, premieres on Three next Tuesday (February 8) at 9.25pm. Each episode will screen five days after the Australian broadcast.

3 Likes

Placing ad’s where it counts for Maori TV’s Waitangi Day programming…

11 Likes

Saw a very simple ad for “Two New Channels” (Gusto & Rush) on +HR=E last night. No caps, sorry.

3 Likes

It looks like La Brea will air on Prime this year despite not airing on TVNZ 2 since they hold that NBCUniversal deal. (seen on promo during its Beijing coverage today)

3 Likes

Yep - it’s coming soon to Neon as well. Guessing it falls under this deal Sky and NBCUniversal sign extensive multi-year deal - Sky rather than TVNZ’s one. The content is split down different lines but I’m not sure how.

3 Likes

https://vimeo.com/673027207/aac2cc5797

12 Likes

Found this quite amusing, the Freeview NZ Facebook page, promoting a movie on TVNZ 3! I wonder if they know something we don’t :joy:

5 Likes

I wish. Probably just a mistake

1 Like