New Zealand TV

10 Likes

Here is a video of the open

1 Like

In April this year, Choice TV will be celebrating 10 years on air. However, it will be replaced next month by Gusto - one of two brand new channels from Discovery New Zealand.

Gusto is aimed at the 40-54 year old demographic and will offer a blend of local and international entertainment content, such as British dramas, documentaries, game shows and films. An 8pm news bulletin from Newshub will feature.

Before Gusto takes over, Choice TV has broadcast an exciting range of programmes 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Programming from Monday to Friday evenings would initially be based around a different theme, such as travel on Mondays, ‘property and design’ on Tuesdays, ‘the great outdoors’ on Wednesdays, food on Thursdays and ‘home and garden’ on Fridays. And on the weekends, it was going to be pure entertainment fun.

You can watch a highlights package of Choice TV’s programming when it launched in 2012.

Farewell, Choice TV (2012 - 2022).

5 Likes

Please don’t tell me Rush replaces Breeze.

Yes can I suggest youtube.com as an alternative :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I thought this was initially scheduled for monday?

It may have been but the promo I posted a few days ago said 7am Sunday (Monday is the Mondayized public holiday for Waitangi Day)

1 Like

The show look a bit Newshub mixed with TVNZ tbh

7 Likes

Some of the screencaps I took during the 30 min Waitangi Day special at 4:30pm; of course, coming from The Project studio.

6 Likes

Would Gusto lineup be a blow for Prime which uses mostly British dramas and Docos when it launches, I reckon it will fuel up for promotion to Sky programmes even more and most programmes leaning towards more TVNZ 2 and Three style line up

1 Like

Great article from the Spinoff. This is the only reason I still read the TV Guide nowadays.

2 Likes

Amazing. I used to be a regular buyer of the TV Guide but wouldn’t have purchased it in about a decade. Even as a kid I would devour it as soon as it came out, the Mr Telly section used to be quite good, along with the whinging there was some replies from networks about shows coming back (or not) and scheduling information.

2 Likes

New promo, looks great.

6 Likes

Observational series The Dog House Australia, narrated by Dr Chris Brown, premieres on TVNZ2 next Wednesday (February 16) at 7.30pm. Based on the UK show The Dog House, it has already been renewed for a second season.

3 Likes

Paul Sinha aka the Sinnerman from The Chase (UK) is fronting a PSA in NZ urging viewers to get their Covid-19 Booster shot.

10 Likes

Makes sense given the popularity of the show in both NZ and Aussie

4 Likes

And another. This time with The Governess Anne Hegarty…

3 Likes

Pretty breathless of her to take $ from the NZ Govt after attacking NZ’s COVID-19 response on Twitter the other week.

5 Likes

Disagree - there’s a difference between encouraging boosters (the best form of protection against the virus) and having to agree with the approach to the border. Those things aren’t mutually exclusive.

6 Likes

3-part special The Voice Australia Generations premieres on TVNZ2 next Monday (February 21) at 7.30pm. It will be shown across three Mondays.

2 Likes