Newshub

Thank you

2 Likes
5 Likes

I saw Carly was on lastnight, I wonder when she will finish up, if she does that is.

Here is the opener

3 Likes

Very Australian imo

1 Like

Special Waitangi Day broadcast from 7-10am on Three. Hosted by Oriini Kaipara and Mihingarangi Forbes.

7 Likes

Tuned into Newshub Late briefly a couple of times. Looks like they are trialing some format changes with more live interviews with the news anchor.

Unless I missed it, no weather or music at the end of the bulletin.

6 Likes

They have been trialing the interview and more up to date content in the show since late last year. The weather music should still be there although with the set changes they may not close out the show with it at the moment

3 Likes

Yeah I was wondering where the weather was tonight. Good on Newshub for uping it’s game and forcing 1News Tonight to insert some Breaking News about the shooting tonight.

2 Likes

you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about

17 Likes
5 Likes

@lm123 @theGradyConnell I have two questions. With Newshub Late changing format, does that mean the late news from Newshub will be more current affairs driven?

I mean, back in the early 1990s, we had “Tonight with Anita McNaught” and “PrimeTime” with Maggie Barry - both of which screened on TVNZ in a mid-evening or late night slot. For instance, “Tonight” aired at 10.30pm during 1992 and within the next year (1993), “PrimeTime” was shown at around 9.30pm before moving to 10.15pm in 1994.

In my opinion, the successive programmes combined a final wrap of the day’s news with current affairs investigations and live studio interviews.

And what will happen to the weather music? During “Tonight” and “PrimeTime” at TVNZ, the weather forecasts and presentation were anchored by the same weather presenter for the 6pm news that evening.

4 Likes

12 Likes

Carly Flynn’s last night on Newshub Late tonight.

4 Likes

While I can’t comment from a company perspective as are all my comments on here. At a personal guess I would say they are going down the lines of more up to date news content with extra information where needed by interviews. But I wouldn’t expect a current affairs show just news with a bit more context where needed.

The weather is still shown as it has in the past. The weather graphics playing over music. Same as all other shows that don’t have a weather presenter on them. The music video that played on the weather wall and to the end of the show has been cut back due to set works taking that part of the studio away.

3 Likes

When will the studio be complete? Is it when AM starts?

3 Likes

From what I am aware the studio is mostly complete and there’s a few more technical things to finish before rehearsals begin next week.

4 Likes

Has AM started rehearsals yet?

1 Like

Looks like next week is when rehearsals in the studio will take place.

1 Like

@theGradyConnell Well, thanks (once again) for your concern.

1 Like