New Zealand TV

TVNZ 1, TVNZ 2, Three, Bravo, Maori TV, Prime, Prime News, Duke, SkyTV.

1 Like

Looks like One News Tonight doesn’t return until the 25th of January, usually they return for shorter bulletins on the 5th.

1 Like

interesting to see i wonder if Newsworthy will return at the same time.

I understand Story and Paul Henry are returning on 1st of Feb

Newsworthy is February too.

1 Like

Is there a reason why apart from the 6pm bulletins, all other news/current affairs programming takes such a long Summer break?

It’s a cost v ratings thing.

The cost to continue it can’t be supported by the ratings as everyone heads away on holiday or isn’t watching TV at that time of day, Australia can probably get away with it due to its size but NZ is too small of a market.
NZ in general shuts down until mid January!

Yup, to support what OnAir said NZ is in holiday mode during the summer, during this period networks will usually assess their shows in order to judge any adjustments that need to be made for the next show in the new year.

As this is the television sub forum, I’ve removed ‘and radio’ from the topic title. Feel free to create an NZ radio thread over in foe ‘media’ sub forum.

2 Likes

Kim Vinnell and Michael Morrah presented 3 News last night; Tagata Pasifika reporter Seinafolava Sanele Chadwick has since joined 3 News (again).

I dont know why 3 news are bothering to double head this summer esp when theyre coming from a keyed set. One News are singled headed this summer for the first time since around 2008? and theyrr doing just fine.

It’s ridiculous that they don’t even do a shot with both presenters, and that one of them has to wrap the bulletin up. @damian One News had Daniel Faitaua present over the Christmas/NY period in 2014-2015. Greg Boyed and Melissa Stokes have alternatively shared the position for 2015-2016.

Looks like 3 Late News was brought back last night until Newsworthy starts up again in February. Jenny Suo presented that bulletin last night.

Here is the Opening

Sacha McNeil On Prime News Tonight

Tom McRae and Carolyn Robinson have been presenting 3 News at Six this week; while Europe Correspondent Melissa Davies is presenting the 3 Late Edition News.

1 Like

Tonight’s news - there is no news: One News’ 6pm bulletin delyaed

One News’ 6pm bulletin was delayed tonight due to “technical difficulties”.

The bulletin didn’t begin until 6.04pm, with a breaking news strap running across the screen for several minutes saying the programme had been delayed.

Tonight’s news - there is no news: One News’ 6pm bulletin delyaed

One News’ 6pm bulletin was delayed on the 17th of January due to “technical difficulties”.

The bulletin didn’t begin until 6.04pm, with a breaking news strap running across the screen for several minutes saying the programme had been delayed.

It happened last night…the 17th.

Apologies that’s what I get for copy and pasting

TVNZ to launch a male-skewed entertainment channel