Network 10 2019

Surely they wouldn’t be going down this really sexist route (Boss = male / Peaches = female) after the backlash with Pilot Week. At least the term 7Mate is somewhat universal and certainly not disrespectful.

… AT FIVE :wink:

1 Like

I like TEN BOSS.

But then I like Hugo Boss too.

The whole First thing is interesting as a brand. Because there is so much freaking news these days - in order to stand out, you really need to brand like that…

oh, and actually be first too.

Dropping the eyewitness and mainly the at 5 from the news name could suggest an early evening lineup shakeup next year - they’d be crazy not to really because the existing strategy just isn’t working.

2 Likes

WIN BOSS , WIN PEACH .

WIN BOSS sounds like it’s talking about Bruce Gordon lol.

2 Likes

10 Peach could always be a 9 Honey type sub brand on Ten Daily. Same with Ten Boss if they’re going to have a business section.

5 Likes

If they do become “10 News First”, then you would assume they mean business about living up to that name. And that would be a massive sea change at Ten. Think - going into “breaking news” mode every time something big happens… fully taking on Seven and Nine.

3 Likes

Perhaps 10 News First is a channel - ala CBSN. Oh the mocks we could do! But more likely a morning bulletin or a renaming of First At Five…

4 Likes

Maybe something like this?

10 News First at 5 (PM)
10 News First at 11 (AM)
10 News First at 10 (PM)
???

Oh boy - the upfronts are still more than a month away :frowning:

I noticed that Ten didn’t lodge “10 Play” - perhaps TenPlay is going to be deminished and completely replaced with 10 All Access?

3 Likes

Dear god with those names I’d hope 10 Boss and 10 Peach are male and female skewed websites, much like 9Honey.

1 Like

Dear Ten Network just let it out now…please for the peace of the media spy forum hahaha!!

9 Likes

What may have happened here - and it’s not a bad a thing - is that Ten focus grouped its news brand - “What comes to mind with the name Channel Ten News?” kind of thing. And I think the word “First” still has a lot of currency for Ten News - since the early days of 5 o’clock news. So they may have, pretty cleverly, decided to capitalise on that by just calling themselves “10 News First” all the time. Maybe.

2 Likes

When are we expecting this relaunch to happen?

Wasn’t it rumoured to be Bathurst Weekend?

Oct 31st which is upfronts night

Although we’ll just have to wait and see what actually happens of course, I’m still rather skeptical that we’ll see on-air changes from October 31 even though it’s the day of the upfronts where a rebrand will likely be announced.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to do the on-air launch of “The new Network Ten” on a Sunday/Monday or if it’s a different day of the week (which to be fair has happened before, such as Seven relaunching on Melbourne Cup Day in 2012) to coincide with some big TV event happening on Ten that day/night?

3 Likes

Brisbane is ready

1 Like

I think the 31st maybe the formal announcement on the proposal.

I can see on air changes etc happening in the new year (come 2019)

2 Likes

it was mentioned here and here:

Though that was in relation to the Ten name being dumped … a rumour that Ten themselves have said is false.