Ten rampant relaunch speculation

How about TBA for now :thinking:

To Be Advised :rofl:. Free advertising in advanced guides! Seriously :wink:

E.g. https://www.foxtel.com.au/tv-guide/search?q=To%20be%20advised

3 Likes

Pure speculation so drink it up.

Someone told someone that TEN is to be renamed CBS and will be on a new LCN 15.

The phasing out of TEN brand will start from October Bathurst 1000 weekend.

Watch this space …

5 Likes

That’s MASSIVE if true.
I don’t see why they’d move to LCN 15… Perhaps they didn’t want any leftovers of 10 whatsoever?

didn’t @lexington repeatedly say that it WON’T be renamed to CBS. Why associate it with an American brand and dumping the TEN name together. Just seems odd.

6 Likes

And Jeff Glor will be presenting the 5pm news each weeknight from NYC?

Both CBS and Ten’s Australian management have always maintained the “Ten” name will be retained.

12 Likes

Read, its good for you.
Between learning new things.
The is a word.
Lines should always be observed.

October, Bathurst 1000 will see big changes

Is their anything else?

GO GO GO

Launch into a new direction.

1 Like

Please show me a press release where they have called it “Ten All Access”?

CBS Ten :stuck_out_tongue:

Given these were only registered last month, it doesn’t appear the Ten brand is going anywhere.

I’ve bookmarked certain posts for future reference. We can all have a good laugh in a few months time.

9 Likes

Indeed!

This forum is doing my head in :joy::joy::laughing::laughing:

6 Likes

That’s why you always need the :popcorn: ready

6 Likes

It seems certain people are taking the “Ten rampant relaunch speculation” title too literally. I fear this has the potential to descend into a bigger farce than the recently closed “Saving Ten” topic.

4 Likes

That, and the recent Trademark Registration for “Ten Boss”, ONE’s soon-to-be Brand name. This too, just last week…

It’s seeming more likely, as Trademarks and Website Domains have been recently registered by CBS Interactive. A Twitter Page is also currently LIVE, with the account name, “@TENAllAccess”. Maybe they want to keep the Ten name instead of throwing the “CBS” Brand into Australia, a much foreign name to most Australians, going with a safer alternative.

5 Likes

What if Ten remained as the main brand, with CBS 15 as the key multichannel, airing mainly US content such as NCIS, Bull, SVU etc, along with back catalogue sitcoms such as Becker/Raymond/Frasier etc for daytime and early evening.
Then there would be a second multichannel (Ten+2 Ch 12) airing primarily local content including first run and classic Neighbours, reality/drama encores and classic comedies such as Russell Coight/Full Frontal/Col’n Carpenter

1 Like

Segregation?

So? It’s not uncommon for companies to register variations of a name for the sake of preventing others from using that variation as well as to throw forums full of media nerds off the trail.

Here is a screenshot I took as well…

3 Likes

“Network Ten is a prime broadcasting asset with over half a century of experience and brand equity in Australia,” Leslie Moonves, chairman and chief executive of CBS Corporation, said.

5 Likes

Wrong. TEN is NOT being rebranded to CBS.

Just plain wrong.

8 Likes

correct.

2 Likes