Netflix

maybe I’m on the wrong side of this, but have you watched the series?

also I think this is just another news.com.au piece where the journo has pulled shit off twitter and not watched the show.
like the body image issue is deeply explored and as well as normalising other previously taboo subjects (not gonna spoil it).

it’s a fun lil show that normalises issues that other shows are too scared to talk about

2 Likes

Actually season 1 has an 88% rating from the audience on Rotten Tomatoes. The majority of people who are angry have not even seen the show and are trying to portray the show as something that it’s not.

1 Like

Yeah I watched it quite quickly and enjoyed it , no idea what all the fuss was about. Just found that article.

Netflix has secured international rights (outside UK and Ireland but includes China) for BBC drama Bodyguard, which has been attracting high ratings and critical acclaim in the UK. Bodyguard will be available on October 24. Deadline reports the deal for Bodyguard, produced by World Productions, an ITV Studios company, was made through Netflix’s co-licensing team. The digital platform has been a partner since the show’s early production stages.

1 Like

Netflix has given a 20-episode order to comedy No Good Nick.

1 Like

GEO Blocked to New Zealand viewers

Isn’t it ironic that a promo aimed at NZ viewers is geoblocked to them?

1 Like

Geo-Blocked, (restricting viewing) to New Zealand audiences…

Seems to be blocked for me too and I’m in Queensland. Says “Video unavailable”.

1 Like

Here’s a sneak peek at what’s on Netflix in NZ in October

4 Likes

Hmm

3 Likes

Twitter is reacting to the 3rd season premiere of The Good Place available on Netflix that is partially set in Australia where the locals have the worst fake accents.

Not sure if this has been picked up yet, but someone in props has found a load of Australian confectionery, some Bundaberg Beer brand soft drinks and you can also buy jars of Vegemite with your coffee.

Always helps to set the scene with an Aussie flag and Aboriginal artwork.

5 Likes

Baby 30 November

1 Like

Not actually beer, it’s Bundaberg Ginger Beer. And it is the absolute best ginger beer. :smiley:

1 Like

Great advertisement for Darrell Lea confectionery too.