Neighbours

Huh? Neighbours is still G rated. They haven’t ever had a PG rated episode yet.

1 Like

I know. The storyline wasn’t imo. It was pushing the G rating to the extreme based on what I saw.

Isn’t it the British that wants to keep the G rating or whatever they have over there?

The producers were asked about this recently and they said neither Five in the UK nor Eleven in Aus want it to go PG. They’re happy with it being a show the whole family can watch together. They can also get away with a lot more in G programming these days anyway which you noticed.

It also depends a lot on what the producers allow. A previous producer seemed to be a lot stricter with what she wanted to depict on the show while the latest two producers have been a lot more lenient and pushing the show to the classification’s limits. It was ridiculous that shows aimed at kids like Dance Academy had more mature storylines than Neighbours. It’s good that Neighbours now has come up to that level now.

2 Likes

Another overseas sale. This time it’s Canada.

Canada has had Neighbours before on one of the cable channels. And ironic that this new deal sees it get more daily screenings in Canada than it does in Australia.

Does Eleven still even do the weekend catch ups of Neighbours?

No they stopped those this year when they tried out repeats on Ten for a while. I think repeats on Ten at 4pm would work well for the show matched with Bold and the Beautiful at 4.30pm. A shame they don’t have enough faith in it.

correct. when i lived in canada on student exchange in the late 90’s we got a satellite dish put in so i would watch. (funnily enough the CBC (equivalent of the ABC) used to broadcast the law report at about 3am on one of there networks as well)

Channel 5 in the UK screens it 4 times a day but in a 24/7 schedule Eleven can only see fit to show it once.

Considering they have trouble finding programming to fill timeslots, you’d think they’d do their best to show local content in a number of slots.

I see Bondi Rescue shown on Ten and then repeated on Ten and Eleven. Why not do that with Neighbours too?

1 Like

I am sure you mean One, rather than Eleven.

Not really the point being made

1 Like

Yes it is One but the point is each episode gets repeated a few times.

Looks like Neighbours should be around for at least another four years.

Even though I haven’t watched Neighbours for years it would be a shame to see Neighbours canceled, same goes for Home and Away.

1 Like

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/tv/good-neighbours-no-longer-good-friends-for-ten/ar-BBAsIm9?li=AAgfVR9

Mr Dyer states: “Those talks hit an impasse in March, and there’s no report since of any progress.”

Actually there have been reports of some progress, though nothing confirmed by the parties involved AFAIK.

1 Like

Indeed. The last story we saw suggested a four year deal had been struck. I posted a link above.

1 Like

This season has been great

1 Like

Fifi Box reportedly falls in love with Neighbours actor Damien Richardson
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/fifi-box-has-found-the-one-in-neighbours-costar/news-story/25b24c3f213a53f91e6767f037fea5d0

So, after six months Ch10/11 have decided to bring back the weekend encore screening of Neighbours.

With the well known financial problems at the network you’d think they would’ve been showing Neighbours all along, but no, they chose to screen 15 year old episodes of Charmed twice on the weekend (now back to once, with Neighbours back on Sunday arvo).

I have a lot of catching up to do.