Eleven - Programs and Schedules

I think the collective term might be a “pride of gays” :slight_smile:

1 Like

WIN TV have replaced Malcolm in the Middle (7pm weeknights on Eleven) with Acropolis Now.

1 Like

Empire will take over Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’s slot at 10.30pm Thursdays
https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/whats-on/tv-guide/Empire/86035326

###Empire - Season 3

Premieres Thursday 18 May at 10.35pm

Light In Darkness
Hakeem leaves the altar, and a rooftop fight between Anika and Rhonda leads to a tragic fall. Meanwhile, Lucious uses his streaming service to pursue his music legacy and clashes with Tariq.

2 Likes

We’re Still waiting for Season 6 of New Girl to Arrive, maybe beef up the Episodes and air them on Saturday Nights???

You do get the feeling that Ten is really just phoning it in with Eleven and One. The supposed “youth” channel leads into its evenings with a double doses of Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier. And I’d even debate that Malcolm In The Middle is not exactly on-brand, either.

Then on Thursday nights they dish up a binge session of Sex And The City.

Eleven debuted with such promise and clearly I’m outside of the target demographic but it just seems to be mostly filler aimed at people older than its supposed target demographic.

8 Likes

We get Acropolis Now for some reason here in Central Qld . No Malcolm . Not sure of the reasons for that.

Wonder when Bob’s Burgers will be coming, are they going to wait until the whole season ends in the USA i wonder.

1 Like

Seeing that you’re in Central QLD & that WIN is the Ten affiliate, here’s the reason:

WIN owns Crawfords, who produced the show, which originally aired on the Seven Network.

Yeah I know but surely that doesn’t rate better than Malcolm in the Middle.

Probably not, but it lets WIN plug its dvd release of Acropolis Now?

Last week, Eleven was the number two multichannel in 16-39, just behind 7Mate (that is boosted by its AFL content in Perth). It had a higher audience share in that age group than ABC’s and SBS’s main channels.

I really can’t imagine how it manages that. Neighbours and The Simpsons and the occasional movie probably propping up the rest of the channel?

It was also the number one multichannel in the 9am-6pm daytime period in 16-39 as well as total people possibly suggesting an audience for some of the ‘retro’ shows perhaps.

1 Like

Who knew there was a big market for JAG and Dr Quinn Medicine Woman reruns among the younger adults??

4 Likes

In some ways the networks don’t really don’t want well performing multi-channels despite early expectations. They would rather the bulk of the younger audience was watching the main channel where their big franchises run and can be monetised better.

I would argue that those shows are aimed at the higher end of the 16-39 demo. Those who grew up watching those shows in their teens and early 20’s, would now watch the reruns in their late 20’s and 30’s.

clearly I should never be a TV programmer :slight_smile:

Read a few weeks back and you’ll find out

1 Like

New Australian children’s show Random and Whacky premieres this Sunday (June 4) at 10am.

Seems like Ten/Eleven don’t do much to promote their new local content.

1 Like