Neighbours

Former Neighbours actor Troy Beckwith feared missing
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/fears-for-former-neighbours-actor-missing-in-melbourne/news-story/9f6ef6c3d40d7abf9f8cbb345f1319cc
Beckwith played Michael Martin between 1991 and 1998.

EDIT: Victoria Police announced last Thursday (June 15) that Troy had been found safe and well.

A milestone.

2 Likes

Zoe Bertram is joining Neighbours as Mark, Aaron and Tyler’s mum Fay Brennan

1 Like

I’m not enjoying Neighbours at all this year.

Shitty low budget opening titles when the last ones were perfect last year.

Way too many silly and improbable love pairings. Jack should be no where near Steph. Dipi & Shane have no chemistry, Shane & Mishti have more, make your mind up who Terese belongs with and Sheila and Clive just seem weird.

Why make Willow someone else’s daughter. She should have been Toadie’s and Andrea should have been revealed to be Dee. So so stupid.

Make Clive a regular.

I hate Piper with a passion and have loved her being targeted. She still missed the whole point of her being targeted. If you don’t want to get bitten then don’t poke the snake.

Sonia is a sanctimonious bitch that never looks at her own behaviour like last night when she was lecturing Toadie on putting Nell first. What about when she tried to help that guy years ago with his kid. She’s such an annoying hypocrite. I don’t want her to leave though and she needs to get back with Toadie already after everything she has put him through.

So many characters are floating around with no purpose or storylines like Steph, Jack, Amy, Leo, Mishti etc.

3 Likes

totally disagree with every thing u said and i think im not the only one :wink: and its not all about you but what the show wants and what other fans enojoy

I remember Toadie but who are the other ones?

1 Like

Don’t forget it’s only a fictitious television show. I assume the writers try to cover all demographics when they create the storylines, therefore storylines that are relatable to younger viewers are sometimes a turn off to older viewers and vice versa.

I agree that some of the characters are wasted. Amy and Jimmy for example have little real storyline other than being related to people in Erinsborough. I assume (hope) there is some big storyline down the track for them. And the writers need to make David ‘grow a pair’, and with him supposedly being a doctor he should be able to do it! I hate how they’ve turned him into such a weak character lately.

The Piper storyline is quite informative to younger people who put their entire life online, however this may not interest older viewers who don’t use social media.

And sorry to say it, but the poor girl playing Yashvi really needs to either see a speech therapist or a doctor regarding her nasally speech. I find it very distracting every time she talks.

I totally agree that they should make Clive a regular.

Thank you so so much for that insightful comment, I never would have realised Neighbours was not just created for the sole benefit to entertain me. I was giving an honest opinion. Glad you enjoy it but be prepared for others that don’t.

Objectively though having floating characters that the producers seem to have no idea what to do with is a problem. So because they have no idea what to do with them they are taking the lazy way out and play ‘pair the spares.’

Seriously of course it’s a fictitious show. I hate when someone points out the obvious.

The Piper storyline is ridiculous though. The warnings and dangers of the internet have been around decades and Piper is acting like a clueless 13 year old when she’s supposed to be social media savvy and intelligent enough to be in a long term relationship. If this was Xanthe’s storyline it would have been a bit more believable as she often doesn’t think and puts things out there.

David does annoy me at times and his relationship with Aaron is laughable. Matt Wilson is still a mediocre actor and doesn’t play gay convincingly. I also don’t get why Neighbours always makes their gay couplings interracial. It’s very weird.

Yashvi’s voice doesn’t bother me. The fact that her and her family seem to be duds does. Mishti has had absolutely nothing to do but you can still see she has potential. Shane when he first arrived was great but as soon as his family arrived he was crap. This family needs a big stoyline to see if they are viable because a stupid lawnmower isn’t going to cut it. I really hope they don’t bring the son into it because the family simply isn’t good enough to have more additions.

Amy is such a wasted character. She’s played by a brilliant actress and has great ties to the show and she gets nothing.

Some main channel promotion last night

5 Likes

A local resident believes her dog was spooked by fireworks let off during filming of Neighbours on August 1. Whitehorse Council confirms a permit had been obtained for the two-night display.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/east/tv-studio-under-fire-for-spooking-pets-with-fireworks-during-neighbours-filming/news-story/3a66c31b2d94345db3ab9621644cdce6

Fuck people will complain about anything wont they. And those media outlets will report anything too. SMH.

1 Like

Must have been the New Year’s Eve episodes being filmed. :wink:

1 Like

Val Lehman and Colette Mann, who worked together on Prisoner, have reunited on the set of Neighbours, according to today’s Herald Sun. Lehman has been filming the guest role of Joanne Schwartz, a friend of Sheila Canning (Mann).

4 Likes

Great to see Val Lehman back on TV in an acting role.

2 Likes

Nice to see Sheila get a friend her own age and hopefully it will soften her character somewhat. Can’t say I like Val Lehman much though after seeing her on I’m a Celebrity. Nice to see a Prisoner connection though.

It’s only one episode

Model Nick Bracks will appear on Neighbours as a regular guest according to today’s Herald Sun. His first episode is on tonight.

There you go. I just came here to ask if that was Nick Bracks…

His character is Brandon Decker and he’s an employee at the Lassiters Hotel front desk.

1 Like

I’m sorry to say it but some of the current storylines are a joke and it’s almost an insult that the writers think we would accept them. To have 30ish Elly run to 17yo Xanthe when she had issues with Mark was farcical. Hospital doctor David was turned into such a weak character when they were pairing him with Leo. And don’t get me started on the cliched storyline that sees Paul try to ‘help’ a family member who he believes needs help, only to have it backfire. Again.

Sadly Neighbours deserves the figures it’s getting at the moment. I know they’re restricted because of their ‘G’ rating but I really hope things improve soon.