My Kitchen Rules

Seems there’s more to the story, which would explain why the team seemed to go feral without good cause.

1 Like

To be fair to @Sully , this is about TV and not movies.

1 Like

It happens more than you think. Why not pay a few extra grand to a few reality tv contestants to create a bit of extra drama, that will probably bring in a few extra hundred grand of ad revenue. 1.6m viewers last night would be extremely costly ad slots.

EPs get quite cosy with some contestants. Happens on all reality shows.

2 Likes

It would have to be more than just a few grand.

I wouldn’t do it, they would have had to think about the potential backlash from people they don’t know in the street and on social media vs the $$$$ they would get.

3 Likes

I agree.

There are always going to be conspiracy theories out there.

From the experience I’ve had with people who work on these shows, there really is no need for a cash incentive to make these contestants behave this way. The fact that they’re going to be on television and become ‘famous’ (or infamous) is incentive enough.

Add to that, guests are plied with copious amounts of alcohol, made to wait for hours for their food which becomes frustrating and being prompted by producers to ask certain questions and you get the perfect recipe for bad behaviour.

5 Likes

Something seems off to me with the maths. How do 6 teams meet in 4 quarter finals? and how do you fit 7 episodes into Sunday - Thursday plus a Sunday final?

2 Likes

The synopsis says “the next four times they meet here, the strongest team will advance to the Semi Finals”. These four occasions will represent the four quarter finals, the first of which will air next Thursday, April 26. The top six teams would have four opportunities to reach the semi finals. My prediction for finals week schedule is like this:
Quarter final 1: Thursday April 26
Quarter final 2: Sunday April 29
Quarter final 3: Monday April 30
Quarter final 4: Tuesday May 1
Semi final 1: Wednesday May 2
Semi final 2: Thursday May 3
Grand final: Sunday May 6

2 Likes

My guess
Football style QFs - kind of
QF1 Team 6 vs Team 5 - loser eliminated
QF2 Team 4 vs Team 3 - loser eliminated
QF3 Team 1 vs Team 5/6 :- winner gets a SF advantage
(maybe they get to pick who they cook against in SF or extra prep time?]
QF4 Team 2 vs Team 3/4 - as above

Team 1 being highest highest score from UIR round.

2 Likes

Almost forgot to mention I bought a tub of Josh and Nic’s gelato at Coles this morning. It is made in NSW by Norco. Here are some photos.

2 Likes

I was expecting it to have raspberry swirls in it. That’s disappointing.

1 Like

Was it nice?

I will try it this afternoon and give my verdict.

1 Like

So what part of the gelato was imported?

Hazelnuts when not available locally?

1 Like

May not be MKR related but another show that has started doing this since the start of this year is Better Homes & Gardens. They haven’t been showing the opening card with the sunflower and voiceover saying ‘Life keeps getting better all the time’ at all this year and sometimes like in tonight’s ANZAC episode, they don’t show the other card at the end of the preview ahead to the episode.

It’s quite disappointing in recent years that BH&G has done away with the long opening and title song. I can’t even remember how it used to go now, that’s sad.

So I tried Josh and Nic’s gelato at my workplace this afternoon. It is quite smooth and I can get a hint of chocolate but no hazelnut.

2 Likes

That’s a good Pete & Manu analysis… No score?

But where is the sauce? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

My score is 6 out of 10.

2 Likes

As suspected, a lot more happened off screen which wasn’t addressed on screen. It makes more sense than this team just suddenly going so feral. The team kicked off don’t deny what happened off screen or their behaviour was bad but still blaming producers for editing to make them look bad. I think they did a good job of that themselves.

3 Likes