My Kitchen Rules

It was only day 1 and there were already clashes between Roula & Rachael and Emma & Jess. Based on the promos, it looks like either team would be dismissed from the table by Manu during Kim & Suong’s instant restaurant.
Having two more teams at the table meant it would be harder to achieve a very high score. Josh and Nic’s 87 points might just be enough to see them through to the next round.
I doubt Ash & Matty would go far in this competition after Matty confessed he could not cook.

1 Like

That was odd. There’s gotta be a bunch of self-described home cooks who didn’t make it onto the show who would be feeling a bit salty about his casting.

2 Likes

They just want a huge disaster episode and for his partner to have a meltdown.

Looks like the show has attracted several new sponsors for this season. They include previously announced Renault, as well as knives supplier Furi from Sydney, Masterfoods (which sponsored MasterChef last year), A2 Milk, Braun, Yellow Tail wines and Nexium. It is good to see more local firms featured on the show.

Is it important to know who sponsors the show?

1 Like

Do the contestants take one before each meal just in case they get heartburn/reflux?

4 Likes

Seeing that they’re going to Queensland tonight, will the faces of the Plastic Bitches melt? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“I don’t if they are sisters or they have the same doctor” :joy:

1 Like

Just caught up. Is it just me is it there like no likeable contestants? They all seem to try hard for me. Only group I marginally like is the refugees.

1 Like

It’s just that the two bitchy teams are dominating screen time. I don’t think all the other teams are unlikeable.

2 Likes

Race Discrimination Commissioner Dr Tim Soutphommasane has condemned a slur made by Jess in tonight’s episode featuring Kim and Soung’s instant restaurant. Jess said before the meal: "We’re definitely hoping there’s no domestic pets on the menu tonight."
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/mkr-racist-slur-were-hoping-theres-no-domestic-pets-on-the-menu-tonight/news-story/d91c7b6982fa6a4b1e4c72c1d3d40bb1

1 Like

Kim and Suong deservedly took top spot with their Vietnamese feast (they got their points deducted for spending too much time on pancakes for the entree), although it was overshadowed by the verbal stoush between Emma & Jess and Roula & Rachael, again. Emma calling Rachael a cow was really rude (The Sydney Morning Herald adds that Rachael threw out a chair as she walked out in tears). I thought Manu would have Jess & Emma excused from the table but it did not happen.

I cannot stand the voice overs for this show. Do they seriously think the voiceover guy’s style is ok or are they taking the pI#s?

1 Like

I haven’t watched this in a while to hear it. Is it still Septimus Caton being ridiculously OTT?

Not sure who it is so hopefully someone else can answer that, but OTT is an understatement. The original person doing it was pretty good, but this one sounds so fake.

Yep.

According to promo shown tonight, the second group including the Russian girls would not be cooking in their home towns. Instead they would be cooking in the same (rented) mansion with Pete and Manu as judges. How could the two groups have different rules?

Not according to the program guide

Yeah, the episode descriptions for next week indicate the teams still cook in their homes as per normal. Don’t always believe Seven’s promos, the house is probably coming later on after the next group of teams cook unless the house will be used for the elimination cook off…

Two nights of cooking disasters by the two Queensland teams meant Roula and Rachael had survived elimination. I feel sorry for Stuss and Steve in particular who put so much effort in their three Greek dishes. How could the parcel in their baked lamb leak time after time? I blame it on the quality of the baking paper they bought from Coles.

4 Likes

Bloody, Coles. How dare they? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like