My Kitchen Rules

An article on The Age website suggests that cooking disasters in instant restaurants could partly be due to product placement, with contestants forced to use sponsor’s equipment they were not familiar with.

A clear example of product placement was during Kim and Suong’s instant restaurant, in which a large pack of A2 milk powder was clearly displayed at the back of the kitchen bench, but the mothers did not use it at all.

1 Like

A good cook would be able to work with whatever equipment they’re given.

5 Likes

I think your second comment contradicts your first. If they didn’t use it, then they weren’t forced to use it, were they?

1 Like

This show is ridiculous. I know everyone is watching it. Im watching it. But man, the constant overkill of Roula & Rachael is just too much. Its really bad this series.

1 Like

Stella and Jazzey started so well in last night’s instant restaurant and earned 10s for their miso cod entree, but had serious problems with the duck main and the donut dessert, meaning they were now at the bottom of the scoreboard. Without the 10s from the judges they would be close to the lowest ever instant restaurant score as well (26 set by another WA team, Bek Outred and Ash Brannan, last season).

I think contestants had to use sponsor’s equipment, but not ingredients, during instant restaurants.

1 Like

THE PRECEDING POST WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY A2 MILK. A2 MILK: FEEL THE DIFFERENCE

6 Likes

Despite what they want us to believe, often the contestants aren’t in their own kitchens either and are using the stove and oven etc for the first time.

1 Like

Should you be disclosing any pecuniary interests in that particular brand of milk? :smile:

It’s obvious they won’t be eliminated. They are on billboards etc.

2 Likes

I wonder if that’s happening this year as none of the houses have been overly fancy or extravagant as we have seen in previous seasons.

This week’s episodes will be repeated on 7flix today from midday to 6pm.

2 Likes

I missed the Thursday night one, so I might have a look at that or on 7Plus, to find out which 2 couples are facing elimination.

That’s alright because there wasn’t a Thursday one.

1 Like

Oh ok!

I was positive the promos said Mon to Thurs this wil week.

Thanks for that.

Next week, it will be Mon-Thu at 7.30pm. Plus Sunday at 7pm.

2 Likes

Turns out The ‘Elimination’ House is used for the elimination cook-off tomorrow night where the two bottom scoring teams Ash and Matty & Stella and Jazzey will be cooking for Pete and Manu as well as the second group of teams that we haven’t met, including the Russians, plus Colin…

This arrangement was not quite not fair for teams in group 1. The two bottom scoring teams would cook for the other eight teams in group 2. Conversely, the bottom two teams in group 2 would cook for one less team in group 1, so the base score would be unequal.

You haven’t even seen how this works yet.

Maybe they are only eating the food and not scoring, as has been the case with elimination cook-offs in the past.

1 Like

According to the Herald Sun, Stella & Jazzey and Ash & Matty would be cooking in separate kitchens in the mansion, with Colin Fassnidge supervising both. It is a bit like MasterChef in which George Calombaris constantly walks between kitchen stations monitoring contestants cooking.

1 Like

Isn’t one team going to be kicked off the show (as opposed to eliminated)? Has this happened yet?

1 Like