Morning Wars/The Morning Show (Apple TV+)

Who watched the season 2 premiere of Morning Wars? I liked it!

3 Likes

Honestly, I found it a little slow… and I LOVED Season 1.

I really wish they had’ve picked up directly on the back of Season 1 but the time jump between Season 1’s finale and the start of Season 2 felt a bit jarring to me. I’m sure it will settle into a fantastic rhythm as there is so much talent in front of and behind the camera but it wasn’t the opening I was expecting.

1 Like

Oops

Thank god I usually skip the recap! :joy:

I was literally reading this post as I started watching the recap, so I quickly skipped it.
Only saw one spoiler.
How embarrassing!

This is not the first time this season this has happened.

1 Like

Haven’t seen any of Morning Wars, so can’t really comment on what may or may not be a spoiler.

But I wonder if JohnstonTV may have chosen that particular tweet, partly due to who posted it! :wink:

I didn’t know who Sarah Moran was until you mentioned it, so I quickly googled her name.

Anyway, I came across the above tweet as it had been retweeted by someone else.

1 Like

All good! :slight_smile:

Just thought a few people here might’ve remembered Sarah (who FWIW, seems like an OK person) from her previous appearances on Australian TV, but it seems not.

Omg they did the recap mistake again on Morning Wars!!! Fark

1 Like

Eeeek. I’ve just stopped watching it.

Side note - this season has been very subpar considered to the first.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m finding it very drawn out at the moment. The show needs to pick up some pace.

1 Like

The episodes so far have been powerful, but the whole storyline feels like it has stalled and has lost any forward momentum.

This weeks episode made me wonder if it was similar to the two extra Ted Lasso episodes that were only tangentially linked to the season’s story arc, that was until the last 5 minutes.

4 Likes

Agree, it’s powerful but just lacks momentum to the plot.

1 Like

I gotta agree that Season 2 isn’t cutting it for me. I’m still watching and it’s not bad television it’s just so far below what Season 1 was. Feels really drawn out, for a news show they aren’t focussing a lot on the news. The COVID stuff had the possibility of being riveting behind the scenes drama. What they’ve packed into the first 6/7 episodes could have been over in 2 or 3 IMO and I don’t really care for the Bradley/Laura storyline tbh.

4 Likes

I think it’s because they changed the storyline. It was mentioned that they had started filming and then when COVID having happened that they felt they couldn’t just ignore it. So they shifted the story.
I agree it’s very slow this season, but I feel come the last couple of episodes hopefully it’ll bounce back and lack a punch

1 Like

Episode 6 and 7 really should have been one episode, while I did enjoy Ep7, it was a little drawn out in my opinion.

2 Likes

Just watching last weeks episode. A whole episode of Alex and Mitch. I’m struggling to keep my eyes open.

2 Likes

Hopefully tomorrow’s episode picks up.

2 Likes

The ending was interesting.

1 Like