Morning Wars/The Morning Show (Apple TV+)

Half way through this weeks episode and already it’s miles ahead of the rest of the start of season 2. Much better.

1 Like

Agreed. I’m 5 mins in and it’s already better ha

2 Likes

It’s a really good episode.

2 Likes

Agreed. Episode of the Series.

2 Likes

This episode really felt like a Season 1 episode in terms of pace - wish they picked up the pace sooner in this season, as we’re two weeks left till finale! I loved this weeks episode, and I think it’s (so far) the best one of Season 2

5 Likes

Yep, and Covid hasn’t even hit yet!

3 Likes

Will be interesting to see what the next two episodes bring because this season has the feel like a real morning show - a lot of boring filler material

1 Like

Last episode next week, It feels too soon for this season to end, I think this season could’ve done with five more episodes

2 Likes
1 Like

Thats a pretty good summary of the season

4 Likes

Have to agree… it’s been very hit and miss show this season.

The central problem IMO is the show has tried to focus on so many things that it hasn’t done any of them justice.

I feel like the Covid situation should be more front and centre throughout the story telling, but it seems to be always lingering in the background.

2 Likes

I thought the first season was patchy at best - although improved towards the end.

Do I bother with the second?

2 Likes

If you felt that way about season 1 you will definitely not enjoy season 2.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t make time for it - if you’re struggling for something to watch, give it a go but if the dance card is full, don’t bother.

I haven’t felt so conflicted about a show for a while - it’s watchable, but the story just doesn’t seem to move in a forward direction.

I’m not sure that more episodes is the answer

4 Likes

Agree, some episodes have been very stretched out. They could have easily punched this into a 6 episode season.

They’ve pulled at all these threads, but rather than knitting something decent, they’ve ended up with a decent amount of yarn on the floor.

I dont get the point of the Yanko plot and you could say the same about Daniel - it has the feel like they are there to make up screen time and cover some issues (poorly) that are prevalent in society today.

1 Like

Obviously if they took it the same pace as like Season 1, then I would agree - but I feel like we still need more with the plots due to the pace until Ep7

Agreed, they just seem thrown in there, especially Daniel’s…

Overall, just disappointed in season 2.

Bit off a mess.