Mocks [by Nicholas]

Thanks!
The font is Gotham (which Ten currently use).

3 Likes

Trying out a 10Boss logo (taking inspiration off the original TenHD logo)

11 Likes

Great job! I know a lot of people on here hate the idea of the numerical 10 in a circle, but I’m really digging it. Sort of retro but modern. Especially the first one :heart_eyes:

1 Like

If it’s in a solid circle as I’ve done, I think it looks great and I would totally agree with you.

I think it looks way out of place in an outlined circle like this:

1 Like

sorta OT but the best thing about the OG ten HD logo is the gloss colour scheme. The current ten HD logo kinda has that but it isn’t the same.

back OT, I reckon that these mocks could look good with the 10 News. Fits in with this mock branding as well as being like the old 1994-‘97 and the 2008-‘12 box logos.

if ten goes back to the simplistic 2005-‘08 style, I reckon that would be sick!
Also I would love to see that whole package again and in HD I think it’s quite modern still (apart from some weather graphics and super animations)

5 Likes

Here are some other ideas.

Gave a shot at it but can’t say I’m very good at glossy effects in photoshop :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Trying my hand at some graphics for 10 News First :thinking::thinking:
Some inspiration taken from an earlier mock :stuck_out_tongue:

26 Likes

18 Likes

Any chance of re-posting those last few with a sample WIN cover up too? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hmmm. That means I’ll have to think up a WIN logo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I might give it a shot :slight_smile:

@AAT Here’s something quick a threw together:

Don’t take it seriously :stuck_out_tongue:

(this one is my favourite)

9 Likes

Those last two are quite good, which means they’ll never be used in any form :wink:

10 Likes

Thanks, makes it more realistic of what we’ll end up with now :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thought I’d make the 10 News First supers a bit more colourful :stuck_out_tongue:

28 Likes

Even though the existing 10 News First supers aren’t bad, your tweaked version would make for a decent refresh! :sunglasses:

The branding tweak I’d like to see happen to the branding more than any other though is the removal of “First” from the bulletin/news service name.

9 Likes

Agreed. It’s doesn’t add anything to the brand, and it’s going to make it strange if/when they launch more bulletins.

10 News First in the Morning? :joy:
10 News First Late? :joy:

3 Likes

Some ideas for a refresh for Nine News. Hoping to expand on this if I get the time!

Fullscreen graphics would remain from the current package, however with less emphasis on red.

21 Likes

I went back and refined the supers a tiny bit more. Figured I’d show the supers in some different use cases.

Thoughts and comments welcome! :smiley:

Headlines

Super throughout bulletin (time + suburb weather)

General supers

Return from break

Live cross (inc Gold Coast super)

Coming Up

Website / end of bulletin

Newsbreak

12 Likes

The “:::9 LIVE” super should be 16.9 safe.

But other than that, I would not be disappointed if we were to see something like your mocks on screen instead of my fairly basic and 2D attempt at a refreshed super.

3 Likes

These are great! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes