Mocks [by Nicholas]

I will be using this thread to place all mocks that I’ve created.

5 Likes

Mock I started a few months ago but never got around to finishing. Can’t remember if I posted it on the old forum, anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

20 Likes

Mock for Nine News :slight_smile: Opinions appreciated

National set

Breaking news

Cross

OTS graphics (wasn’t sure how to approach this so I thought i’d try something different)

Themed:

Generic

20 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

Actually one of the best mocks on this thread imo!

2 Likes

Partly inspired by the graphics package used by Gannett/Tegna-owned stations in the US for their local news bulletins?

In any case, that look is something that I think would work quite well on Nine News! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yep, you’re correct about the inspiration :wink:

2 Likes

that is very nice, although the Nine News logo in the bottom right looks a bit too dark against the world map

5 Likes

Yep. I tried lightening the logo a bit but then it looks odd. I’ll see what else I can think of to make it stand out better :wink:

3 Likes

Very nice! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

[quote=“SydneyOnAirTV, post:420, topic:334”]
Some refined Nine News graphics:
[/quote]Could either @SydneyOnAirTV or @Nicholas attempt an OTS for your respective designs please. [quote=“Nicholas, post:504, topic:334”]
Mock for Nine News :slight_smile:
[/quote] Very nice, perhaps a little dark though.

1 Like

[quote=“briminator, post:503, topic:334, full:true”]
Not technically a mock, but I just wanted to see if it was possible to make the new Southern Cross Local News intro in PowerPoint like others on the forum said they could have. It’s a bit rushed but:[/quote]And you passed with flying colours. :yum::+1: Just goes to show how pathetic those “news updates” actually are. :grin:

[quote=“Nicholas, post:504, topic:334, full:true”]
Mock for Nine News :slight_smile: Opinions appreciated[/quote]Very nice! Would look great in use on TV.

4 Likes

Have you considered a full white / flat logo like the latest nine.com.au themed logo?

I attempted it but it didn’t look right to me. I’ll post a mock with it in a day or two for opinions.

1 Like

Why not try making the logo a glossy white colour?

Otherwise maybe a but of a light patch/effect behind the logo will do the job with it in it’s current blue state :slight_smile:

What do you think of this?
I personally still prefer the blue as it breaks away the colour from the super text

Here is a lighter version of the logo which I think is fine and doesn’t completely wash the colour out

7 Likes

Both are great options and look much better, though in broadcast id like to see the blue version fade to the white version as it starts, returns from breaks or alternates with the 9news.com.au logo etc.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:
I plan on making some more mocks on these supers soon, so I’ll fix the logo up in all previous images and do some more refinements :smiley:

2 Likes

OTS graphics. The image itself would change depending on the location.

20 Likes

They’re fantastic mocks. The only gripe I have is the WIN text sits a little too low in the Ten circle.

9 Likes