Mocks [by Nicholas]

Gave myself an hour to create a new look for 7 News.
At this point I’ve only done some supers.

As I’ve mentioned in other threads, a nice new clean and simplistic look is just what 7 News needs; ridding it of all the on screen clutter and gloss they’ve thrown everywhere.

Plus, moving away from the traditional fonts they have used for years. Oh, and did I mention that there is not a sign of blue?

Thoughts appreciated.

(@HoneyFlix - here’s my mock since you asked :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

20 Likes

I LOVE this mock! The orange for Breaking News works better than I thought it would, I’d love to see an opener for this! Well done @Nicholas!

3 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I was tinkering around with an idea for a titlecard but I need to put a bit more thought into it.

If I happen to find time, I’ve been wanting to learn Blackmagic (similar to After Effects), so I might try and animate this mock.

3 Likes

Super fancy and neat, keep it up. Beautiful fonts used, would like to see more soon @Nicholas :blush:

2 Likes

Been a while since I was here!
I’ve quite warmed to the new CBS Mornings theme and overall look, so I thought I’d create a basic mock of “10 Mornings” using the same look.

Assets are based entirely off this: CBS Mornings - 7th September 2021 (Open) - YouTube

25 Likes

The 10 in the sun instead of the face could look really nice

10 Likes

Imagine if 10 still had the news resources:

From 10 News First, this is 10 Mornings with Sarah Harris, Natarsha Belling and Joe Hildebrand

What could’ve been. Looks fantastic.

6 Likes

You had me until Joe. Sarah and Tarsh would have been fantastic.

5 Likes

Quick mock using orange for breaking news on the new 7 News graphics. (I don’t have the correct font)

7 Likes

Orange just doesn’t create that sense of urgency for breaking news. It has to be red. Loud and demanding and eye catching.

2 Likes

When the main colour of your graphics is red, you need something that will make it look different

5 Likes

I had another idea in mind to make it stand out a bit more as breaking news. If I have time later I’ll put it together.

Does anyone know the name of the current font 7 uses for news?

3 Likes

As in, for the supers? That would be ‘Hey Wow’.

2 Likes

Yes for supers, thanks for that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Although I don’t mind you used a different font - HeyWow really isn’t an appropriate font for the news.

1 Like

I do agree that the current font they use is very mehhh. Much preferred the previous font (the same of which Ten Eyewitness News used)

2 Likes

Gotham, very popular in the 2010s. Used by ABC News as well, used between 2010 and 2017. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Alrighty heres another attempt.

12 Likes

That looks awesome! Much better.

2 Likes

Beautiful

2 Likes