Random Mocks

Yes they do but you are taking up more of the screen in a 1:1 ratio in Portrait as demonstrated in my screenshots which adds more immersion. Plus square videos tend to perform better in Social Media metrics.

4 Likes

Another simple mock

Rumours are circulating yet again of a potential CBS Viacom merge. Joining the might of CBS, Showtime (and Network 10), with MTV, Nickelodeon, BET, Comedy Central and of course Paramount Pictures.

Instead of reusing the CBS and Viacom names, why not name the (potential) new company after their most globally recognised asset, Paramount!

(I’m sure the folks at CBS wouldn’t be too happy with the name change though)

14 Likes

What a dissapointing name they went for :frowning:

Brought a bit of a throwback to the old Viacom with the flipped V

11 Likes

yeah… ViacomCBS seems like a lazy name. I prefer Paramount Media.

1 Like

NBCUniversal? Time Warner? Not totally unusual… It also might be a temporary name and get changed in a couple years once the remerger is smoothed over.

Added bonus, it makes the evolution of the companies clear to distinguish:

• “Old” Viacom (1993 Paramount purchase, 1999 CBS purchase)
  • CBS Corp + “New” Viacom (2006-19)
  • ViacomCBS
2 Likes

With some of the recent tweaks made to the branding of Nine News (new promo graphics, removal of the “.com.au” element from supers), it’s probably a good time to start thinking about what the next generation of their branding might be like.

Although realistically I’m sure they’d go for something different, I’d personally like to see the supers look a bit like this:

The basic layout isn’t completely removed from the design of the supers in Nine News’ recent graphics packages (the white with splashes of blue/red look is probably neutral enough to remain in use for years to come), but as a nod to their heritage I’ve added a gradient bar at the top which has been inspired by the supers used during Late 1990s/Early 2000s era National Nine News.

As always, comments and constructive criticism is welcome! :slight_smile:

31 Likes

Mucking around with Prime, given the pending/current Sky rebrand…

Untitled

Nothing fancy, and yes, the ‘o’ in sport is clearly bodged!

9 Likes

If 7 ever picked up the CNN graphics…

9 Likes

Love it. I cannot stand how 7NEWS uses a blue colour.

IMO blue is 9News.

3 Likes

quick mock experimenting with shapes

20 Likes

More please :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Nice to see you back in this thread (with a great mock too), it’s been a while.

Have you and @MGO ever thought of collaborating for a mock? Because I reckon you two would probably be able to make a better graphics package for a network than most of the ones currently on air! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ha, Ten have done a great job with the new look imo :wink:

1 Like

Hey @SydneyOnAirTV can you do a today show graphics mock?

Here’s a mock for a thereotical Australian version of CBSN and also a fourth channel for 10, 10 24.

6 Likes

I like the idea of dropping News First.

I don’t see why they can’t just call it 10 News.

10 Likes

Looks good.

The text on the supers is a little too wordy, and the weights probably need to be increased a bit to make them legible - especially the red lower text in the breaking example.

3 Likes

How would WIN cover up the current 9 News Now watermark?

maybe something like this?

4 Likes

Nice job! Keep going and improving mate.

3 Likes