Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

A little area concocted by a sad, desperate man (me) to keep up with who’s getting with whom, who’s having an arrival in the family and who’s been sent off to whatever may be waiting in the beyond.

2 Likes

Actor Ryan Phillippe is engaged, according to reports: Story

Motorhead’s Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister has died, aged 70.

Ace of Spades was one of my faves…

Born To Lose… Lived To Win.

English-born, Australian rocker Stevie Wright has died. He was 68.

British DJ Guru Josh, who has had a little bit of play on Australian radio, has died in Ibiza. He was 51.

1 Like

As in this guy:

Wayne Rogers, Trapper John on TV’s iconic MASH, has died. He was 82.

Former managing director of the ABC, Brian Johns, has died after battling cancer. He was 79.

1 Like

Natalie Cole, the Grammy-winning singer who had hits with such songs as “This Will Be” and “Our Love” and recorded “Unforgettable … With Love,” a best-selling album of songs made famous by her late father, Nat King Cole, died Thursday evening.

She was 65.

Time gets away from us. Didn’t seem like too long ago that unforgettable came out (the Natalie Cole version). I didn’t think she was 65… Crazy

Sad news Natalie had a beautiful voice.RIP Natalie

Laurie Oakes and Derryn Hinch tweeting that Phil Davis, early current affairs pioneer with Willesee on Seven, newspaper police reporter for the Sydney Sun and Daily Mirror plus parliamentary press secretary, has died

Country music star Craig Strickland has been found dead, after going missing in bushland on December 27. He was 29.

NBC Nightly News ‏@NBCNightlyNews
NEW: Country singer Craig Strickland, who went missing Dec. 27 while on a hunting trip, has been found dead, Oklahoma Highway Patrol says.

Robert Stigwood, mentor to the Bee Gees, Eric Clapton and Cream, dies at 81.

Australian-born manager was also known for his work as a musical producer and worked on Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Hair and Jesus Christ Superstar

Robert Stigwood, who managed the Bee Gees at the height of their fame, produced and released Cream’s self-titled debut, and guided Eric Clapton’s successful solo career while producing musicals for the stage and screen, has died aged 81.

Robin Gibb’s son Spencer described Stigwood as ‘a creative genius with a very quick and dry wit’, and the driving force behind the Bee Gees’ career.

The Guardian

Osher Gunsberg has just announced his engagement to partner Audrey, KIIS is reporting.

Bob Oatley, a staple on the Sydney to Hobart yacht race as owner of Wild Oats XI, has died aged 87.

David Bowie has passed away, aged 69.

“Ground Control to Major Tom.
Commencing countdown, engines on.
Check ignition and may God’s love be with you.“

3 Likes

Both Starman and Life on Mars? has left me a crying mess. Heartbroken.

1 Like

That’s tragic. He was great and while I wasn’t specifically a massive fan of his music, I do appreciate it and recognise his cultural influences and how much of an influence he has been on so many other artists.

2 Likes